Nearly all of our students receive scholarships and grants that defray the cost of tuition. The tuition rates listed below are offset by scholarships, grants, student loans, or external aid.
We award $6.66 million in institutional scholarship and grant support to 99% of our students, and our students receive approximately $1.5 million in external support to offset the cost of their tuition and expenses.
Our Office of Financial Aid is available for one-on-one counseling to help you understand all the options available for funding your education. Contact us at (919) 660-3441 or email@example.com to set up an appointment.
Tuition & Required Fees
2022-2023 Tuition Rates*
|Residential M.Div.||$27,000 ($13,500 per semester)|
|Residential 4-year M.Div.||$20,250 ($10,125 per semester)|
|Hybrid M.Div.||$20,250 ($6,750 per term)|
|M.T.S.||$27,000 ($13,500 per semester)|
|M.Div / M.S.W.||$34,000 ($17,000 per semester)|
|Th.M.||$32,400 ($16,200 per semester)|
|Th.D.||$44,000 ($22,000 per semester)|
|M.A. in Christian Practice||
$27,000 ($9,000 per term)
$29,250 ($9,750 per term)
|Residential CTHC||$20,250 ($10,125 per term)|
|Hybrid CTHC||$18,000 ($9,000 per term)|
* Please note the following:
- Tuition rates are estimated based on full-time enrollment estimated and are subject to change
- Residential M.Div., M.T.S., and Th.M. students may also take classes part-time. Please contact the Office of Financial Aid to inquire about part-time tuition rates.
- Full-time residential students may take one Divinity summer course as an overload and will not be charged tuition.
- Students enrolled in more than one summer course will be charged the per-course tuition rate. Please contact the Office of Financial Aid to inquire about financial aid options and cost to attend.
Required Fees Across All Residential Programs*
|Student Health Fee||$449.50 per term|
|Student Life Ministry, Graduate Activity, and Divinity Government Dues||
$54.25 per term
|Recreational Facilities Fee||$170.75 per term|
*Please note the following:
- Hybrid students are charged the one-time transcript fee and a $15 per-term Student Life Ministry fee.
- Students enrolled for the summer term will be charged a health fee.
Questions about tuition rates? Contact our Office of Financial Aid.
Duke Health insurance is optional for residential students, though students must show proof of existing coverage. Hybrid students are not eligible for Duke Health insurance, but do need to show proof of existing coverage.
The annual cost of coverage for all eligible residential students for the 2022-23 plan year is $3,375.
Rates to Add Dependents
(in addition to the student premium)
|Books & Supplies||$668.00|
|Room ($1,235.00 per month)||$11,115.00|
|Food ($395.00 per month)||$3,555.00|
|Transportation ($198.00 per month)||$1,782.00|
|Miscellaneous ($428.00 per month)||$3,852.00|
Refunds of tuition and fees are governed by the following policy:
- In the event of death, a full tuition and fees refund will be granted.
- In all other cases of withdrawal from school, tuition will be refunded according to the following schedule:
Withdrawal before the opening of classes—a full refund; withdrawal during the first or second week—80 percent; withdrawal during the third through fifth week—60 percent; withdrawal during the sixth week—20 percent; withdrawal after the sixth week—no refund. No refund will be granted for reduction in course load after the drop-add period.
Tuition or other charges paid from grants or loans will be restored to those funds on the same pro rata basis and will be refunded to the student or carried forward.
These regulations apply to all Divinity School students—degree candidates, special students, and auditors.
Federal regulations that went into effect July 1, 2011, require that Duke Divinity School’s Office of Financial Aid establish and implement a policy to measure whether students applying for and/or receiving financial aid are making satisfactory academic progress (SAP) towards a degree.