- Biblical Echoes in the Taktika of Leo VI’, in C. Rapp and A. Külzer (eds.), The Bible in Byzantium: Appropriation, Adaptation, Interpretation (Göttingen: Vandenhoeck & Ruprecht, 2019), 23-38.
- Leo VI and the Transformation of Byzantine Christian Identity, (Cambridge UP, 2018).
- ‘Demonic Prophecy as Byzantine Imperial Propaganda: The rhetorical appeal of the tenth-century Narratio de Imagine Edessena’, Fides et Historia 49.1 (2017): 11-23.
- ‘Leo VI and the Cleansing of the Law’, Medieval Perspectives 31 (2016): 129-142.
- ‘Biblical echoes in two Byzantine military speeches’, Byzantine and Modern Greek Studies 40.2 (2016): 207-222.
- ‘Nikephoros II Phokas and Orthodox Military Martyrs’, Journal of Medieval Religious Cultures 41.2 (2015): 121-47.
- Becoming Divine: The Story of Eastern Orthodox Christianity
- History and Theology of Byzantine Iconography
- Islamic Influences on Byzantine Iconomachy
- History of the Crusades
- Byzantium and Islam: Eastern Perspectives
- History of the Doctrine of Hell
- Byzantium and the Bible
- Heresies and Heretics
- Modern European Christianity
- Theology of the Later Greek Fathers