New Student Registration Information
Welcome to Duke Divinity! We are glad to have you with us as you start your journey. Fall registration is coming soon and here is some information that will guide you as you navigate your first semester.
Prior to Registration
- Activate your Net ID and password. Review information provided by Duke OIT for help with this. You cannot register for classes without a NetID and password.
- Locate your program’s paradigm listed below to consider the courses specific to your degree program. The "What You Should Know about Academics" video will give you more insight. Words of wisdom – STAY on paradigm!
- The following is a list of the 1st year suggested courses by program:
Doctor of Theology - Students should enroll in 3 classes. During the first year, students must enroll in the THD seminar, XTIANTHE 950.01. Please see the Course Schedule and the video on paradigms for more information.
3. Registration documents and directions are always located on the Course Schedule page.
- The very first document you will want to access is the START HERE document for incoming students – This includes term information and updates. Start here when beginning the registration process.
- Schedule of Classes document (aka Course of Instruction) – this will remain on the Course Schedule page until the term link of courses is published – see right navigation on this page. This lists all of the courses that will be offered during the semester
- Course Descriptions – This document will give you more insight into the courses being offered and will provide descriptions of what you can expect from each of the courses
- Limited Electives/Certificate Course listings – This document will help you determine and confirm what classes are able to fulfill limited electives and certificates in the M.Div and M.Div Hybrid paradigms.
4. Tips to get you started:
- To get started, you will need to log in to your DukeHub account by going to dukehub.duke.edu
- All students need to know how to maneuver in DukeHub. Please refer to the help guides and videos provided by the Office of the University Registrar for directions.
- Students will be paired with an academic advisor in August. This will appear on your DukeHub page under “Academics.” There you will find your advisor’s name and contact information. Until your advisor is assigned, you will use your paradigm (see above) for course scheduling.
- Shopping Carts in DukeHub will open on Monday, June 28th
- REGISTRATION WINDOWS open for incoming students beginning on Monday, July 12th. Refer to the academic calendar for your specific program’s time slot.
*The Course Schedule page will be updated with this information a week prior to shopping carts opening. (Monday, June 21st)