We are excited for you to join our Duke Divinity community! In the coming months, you'll need to meet several deadlines and milestones. Meeting these deadlines will be crucial to your successful transition into graduate school. If you have any questions, please contact Admissions.
Within 30 days of receiving your acceptance notification
- Print a copy of your admission offer letter for your records.
- Notify us of your decision in your Applicant Self-Service Account online and pay your enrollment deposit via Duke e-check.
Within 2 weeks of accepting your admission offer
- Request final transcripts from your college, university, or seminary. If you're currently enrolled in a degree program, you should send your final transcripts as soon as your degree is conferred and you confirm with your registrar's office that the degree has been awarded on the transcript.
- In the spring, international students will begin working with admissions staff and Duke Visa Services on completing the student visa application process.
- You will be notified when you are officially matriculated in Duke systems.
- Submit proof of immunizations for graduate students and review Student Health Insurance requirements.
- Research parking permits and transportation options (parking permit registration begins in mid-June).
- M.A.C.P. and D.Min. students will be notified about orientation and preparation for the first residency sessions. The contact person for logistics for the M.A.C.P. orientation and residency sessions is Rachel Sanchez, (919) 613-5324, email@example.com.
- Complete the background check
- Those seeking accommodations should contact the Student Disability Access Office.
- Register for a parking permit if you need one.
- Accept financial aid and complete loan entrance counseling via DukeHub.
- Residential students may apply in late spring for the pre-orientation programs, Bri(DDD)ge and RISE, which take place the week before residential student orienation.
- Review program paradigms and academic course schedules.
- Review the academic calendar.
- Review Duke policies and Duke Divinity School academic resources.
- In late July, register for courses.
- Pay fall student bill by the first business day of the month.
- D.Min. and M.A.C.P. students attend program orientation August 10-11 prior to the week long first residency period. The contact person for logistics for the D.Min. and M.A.C.P. orientation and residency sessions is Rachel Sanchez, (919) 613-5324, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Attend Bri(DDD)ge and RISE pre-orientation programs (pre-registration is required for both)
- Th.D. students attend program orientation.
- M.Div., M.T.S., and Th.M. students attend New Student Orientation.
Orientation is required for all new students and is an opportunity to introduce you to Duke Divinity School as a community of learning and faithful service with attention to both spiritual and vocational formation. A detailed orientation schedule for your degree program will be sent to you prior to your arrival and will be posted here.
- Orientation for M.A.C.P. students (August 10-11 with first residency period continuing the full week after)
- Orientation for D.Min. students (August 10-11 with first residency period continuing the full week after)
The contact person for logistics for the M.A.C.P. and D.Min. orientation and residency sessions is Rachel Sanchez, (919) 613-5324, email@example.com.
- Orientation for Th.D. students (Tuesday, August 21, 2018)
- Orientation for M.Div., M.T.S., Th.M., Certificate in Theology and Healthcare, and non-degree-seeking students (Tuesday, August 21 - Friday, August 24, 2018)