The Jackson State University Wesley Foundation is an all-encompassing, Christ-centered ministry that reaches out to both traditional and non-traditional students, inspiring them in building their personal relationship with Jesus Christ through passionate worship, biblical teaching, genuine fellowship, community outreach and personal discipleship. The Director of the Wesley foundation will possess knowledge of and commitment to the United Methodist Church with experience, which includes, but is not limited to, creative and visionary leadership skills to be used for the purpose of equipping and facilitating student ministry and outreach.
• Displays a mature and growing relationship with Jesus Christ
• Demonstrates a commitment to personal spiritual growth, prayer, bible study, spiritual formation and healthy lifestyle.
• Considers this position to be a life calling, not just a job
• Values, honors, and respects the church leadership, and other team members
• Must have college degree (Clergy or Laity)
• Experience preferred 1 to 3 years
• Personal maturity and strong interpersonal skills
• Must be open to be inclusive and holding to Wesleyan Theology
• Must have United Methodist background (UMC membership preferred)
• Relates well to students, faculty, administration and community
• Must be able to use the computer to do various tasks
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. General Ministry
• Be passionate about the Wesley Foundation vision, mission, core values, and ministries.
• Be a creative leader in developing and implementing community mission
• Ability to lead vital and exciting worship
• Oversee Wesley Foundation Ministry engaging in specific community mission
• Ability to delegate responsibility as related to student driven and led ministry
2. General Administration
• Display effective communication skill
• Must have fiscal integrity
• Schedule students for different activities
• Ability to run a board
• Fundraising and continuing education
Please submit resumes to Rev. Stephen Cook by email: firstname.lastname@example.org 
DEADLINE: MARCH 10, 2013.