The Pastor of Student Ministries is accountable for the coordination and oversight of student ministries (Middle and High School aged individuals). This includes: introducing young people to Jesus Christ; discipleship in spiritual growth; and training for a life of service to Christ. This position assures youth groups maintain a balanced program of spiritual, physical, and social growth. Of equal importance is to assist parents or guardians in discipling their pre-teens and teenagers to spiritual maturity.
• Provide visionary leadership for student ministries.
• Be involved in the lives of students and their families/guardians.
• Be passionate about student ministry.
• Be a pastoral presence for all students and student ministry volunteers.
• Engage in a family ministry with students and their parents/guardians.
• Believe in the importance of relational ministry.
• Be able to plan, budget and execute student ministries appropriately.
• Inner-face with the Minister to Children and Children’s Ministries.
This ministry leader must possess:
• A clear call to student ministry.
• A clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ and a passionate, growing, personal relationship with Him.
• A pastor/servant’s heart.
• A willingness to commit to at least 3 years of ministry.
• An ability to teach, train, and disciple student ministry volunteers.
• College educated (preference for concentration in religion/Christian ministry degrees).
• A love for pre-teens and teenagers and an excitement to see them grow in Christ.
This ministry leader much demonstrate:
• A teachable spirit and a willingness to be held accountable.
• An attitude of being a team player.
• A visionary background in and excitement for student ministry.
• A willingness to be creative and to “think outside the box” as it relates to effective student ministry.
• A sensitivity to needs and pressures of pre-teens and teens with a knowledge of possible solutions.
• Good physical and mental health.
• Initiative and judgment as an independent worker.
• Organizational and administration abilities.
Annual Salary: $9,480.00 (paid monthly at $790.00)
Applications will be received until February 28, 2015.