Emmanuel Church is a new church in the evangelical Anglican tradition. It was founded as the second site of Christ Church New York City and has recently been incorporated as an independent body. We affirm historic Christianity as revealed in the Bible and summarized in the Apostles’, Nicene and Athanasian creeds and the Chalcedonian Definition. We subscribe to the 39 Articles of Religion from the 1662 Book of Common Prayer and affirm the GAFCON Jerusalem Declaration (2008). We are a community of Christians committed to glorifying God, glorying in God, and serving the city through our worship, our life together, and our gospel mission..
- In conjunction with the ministry ‘job description’ for presbyters/priest set out in the 1662 Ordinal (see also An Australian Prayer Book, 1978) the following set out more specifics:
- Ordained in the Anglican Church and in good standing with a minimum of five (5) years’ experience as a Senior Minister
- Shares the orthodox theological positions outlined above
- Experience in leading a growing a church, preferably in an urban environment including, for example, training and equipping church members in outreach
- Excellence in gospel preaching
- Experience in pastoral care of the Body of Christ and using member’s gifts
- Evidence of leading by example in godly living, faithful and effective teaching and outreach.
- Willing to work with our funding situation – namely that funding for this new church is only available for a person who is confident in reaching financial sustainability within three years.
- Available at the latest 1 July 2016
Send inquiries and application to: Search Chair, Emmanuel Church NYC at: email@example.com
Please submit a CV that addresses the points above and includes three references. Please also send a recorded recent sermon.
Review of application begins immediately, with a final deadline of February 16, 2016.