Clear Lake United Methodist Church in Houston, Texas, is seeking a full-time Director of Student Ministry to join their team. Located near Johnson Space Center in a metropolitan area, Clear Lake is an active and friendly church who is Christ-centered and mission minded. The Director of Student Ministry will work with the Student Leadership Team and the staff to develop and grow a well-balanced student ministry based on the church’s three-part strategy of Worship, Connect, and Serve.
The Director of Student Ministry will have the following primary responsibilities:
• Provide leadership in all student ministry programming and supervise student ministry staff.
• Develop relationships with students from 6th to 12th grade, their families, and volunteers.
• Equip by recruiting and training parents and volunteers; and, by seeking personal growth opportunities.
• Ensure that student ministry records and facilities are well kept and tended.
• Nurture students and families throughout life events.
Qualified candidates will have:
• A personal commitment to Christ
• Joy in teaching the Gospel of Jesus Christ
• Experience in a student ministry, preferably a large church setting, and in planning events with a strength in delegation
• Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
• Skilled with technology