Statement: An ideal applicant will not only be administratively gifted, but view his or her job as an opportunity for gospel service and ministry and part of the mission and vision of the Gathering Church.
Hours and Pay: 20 hrs/week, with priority given to high-need workdays, as determined by the pastoral staff. Hours not to exceed the yearly limit of 1040 hours, with an average of 86 hours per monthly pay period. Pay ranges from $15-18/hr based on work experience.
Location: Church office (1415 WNC54, Ste 114, Durham, NC 27707) and occasional time on Sunday mornings at Creekside Elementary (5321 Ephesus Church Rd Durham, NC 27707) worship gathering.
Supervision: 6 month check-in, and yearly review conducted by panel.
• Communications, printing, and clerical work
o Send regular email communication and periodic special emails to Listserv and other electronic communications
o Edit and print bulletins
o Edit and post to website on a weekly basis, including calendar updates
o Coordinate support for key church activities, events, & ministries
o Support communications to the Church, including written, verbal, and electronic
o Answer the office phone
o Provide reception for office visitors
o Receive mail
o Responsible for weekly bookkeeping of church contributions and bank deposits
o Responsible for certain business aspects of the church, such as bill payments, invoice management, monthly bank statement reconciliation, payroll reporting, state and federal tax filings as needed, vendor interfacing, and management and storage of data and information.
o Update the church's chosen bookkeeping software (PowerChurch) database with new contributors, members, and general information.
o Support the Finance Team and the Leadership Team to track and report ongoing expenses and income, prepare fiscal year reports, and assist with the yearly fiscal budget process.
o Responsible for updating church directory
o Office assistance for Lead Pastor Mark Acuff
o Edit written communication and correspondence
o Provide computer assistance
• Must be a great communicator, both written and verbal, and possess excellent customer service skills.
• Must possess good organizational skills, high attention to detail, and good grammar, spelling and word processing skills.
• Must possess a working knowledge of basic bookkeeping principles, terminology and execution through bookkeeping certification or work experience.
• Must be able to prioritize work, report to multiple supervisors, use good judgment in customer and colleague interactions, and work effectively with a variety of people.
• Must have own transportation to deliver and move materials and documents. Able to lift 25 pounds routinely and 40 pounds occasionally.
• Must have the ability to manage workloads successfully, follow through on commitments, display integrity, and take initiative to address problems.
• Must be able to deal with confidential information in a professional manner.
• Proficiency at Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and other Microsoft office products required.
• Experience with both Apple and PC platforms preferred.
• Experience with PowerChurch bookkeeping software preferred.
• Graphic design skills and knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite preferred.
• Experience with Google Drive and cloud communication preferred.
• Familiarity with Wordpress posting and social media (Facebook, Twitter) sites preferred.