Woods Chapel United Methodist Church (www.woodschapelchurch.org), a vibrant and mission-driven church with three locations in the Kansas City metro area, is looking for an experienced and qualified individual to join the staff as their Director of Children’s Ministry for its Lee’s Summit campus. Woods Chapel Church embraces joy, gratitude, excellence, and authenticity as core values of their mission. Their motto is “one church, three locations.”
The Director of Children’s Ministry will
- serve as the architect of the ministry, helping to create the long-term vision (including short and long-term goals) and provide leadership for children’s ministry,
- coordinate and facilitate a quality Sunday school program for children, preschool through 4th grade, as well as special events,
- lead and give oversight of the children’s ministry staff,
- live into the church’s motto of “one church, three locations” by working in partnership with children’s ministry leadership at all three locations,
- train volunteer leaders on how to identify, recruit, equip, and empower people for ministry,
- build strong discipling relationships between volunteers and children,
- support parents as the primary influence in their children’s faith development.
Bachelor degree is required, preferably in early childhood education or Christian ministry, as well as 2 to 4 years of experience leading a church-based children’s ministry in a large church setting with multiple programs or equivalent (preferably in the same position). This person must be positive and energetic with the ability to build, lead, and empower volunteer teams, have excellent organizational, communication (verbal and written), and listening skills, with a high degree of initiative and accountability, and understand children’s ministry trends. S/he must be a team player with the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and pay attention to detail. This person will report to the Family Ministries Pastor.
A cover letter and resume can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.