The Communications and Operations Coordinator for The Peak Church serves as the primary point of contact for all matters pertaining to campus operations and communications. The Communications and Operations Coordinator for The Peak Church also oversees special projects. This position is part time and exempt.
The Communications and Operations Coordinator for The Peak Church will report to The Peak Campus Pastor and will be responsible for the following:
• Complete a broad variety of administrative tasks for The Peak including: responding to incoming phone calls; completing expense reports; composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential.
• Work closely and effectively with the Campus Pastor to keep him/her well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately. He or she will also act as a "barometer," having a sense for the issues taking place in the environment and keeping the Campus Pastor updated.
• Prioritize conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
Event Space Rental:
• Coordinate and manage all stages of campus event rentals for The Peak Church.
• Ensure policies established for the use of The Peak Church are followed.
Facilities and Information Technology:
• Manage Peak Facilities Team that is responsible for tasks including the maintenance and upkeep of all buildings and grounds such as minor electrical and plumbing repairs, HVAC services, building security, fire alarm systems and kitchen equipment.
• Troubleshoot IT issues and coordinate ongoing service/upgrades with the Executive Administrator.
• Streamline communications by staying up to date with advances in technology and training staff.
• Provide recommendations for the Apex UMC Family budget in regards to facilities on behalf of The Peak Church.
• Prepare new hire campus orientations and staff training for new employees including: training on telephone systems, office equipment, computers and emergency/security procedures.
• Maintain master list of staff working hours and planned vacation.
• Manage campus communications for The Peak Church including:
o Ensure website is current and functionally relevant for The Peak Church. Design elements to be user friendly and capture the vision of The Peak Church.
o Publish content for weekly electronic newsletters, weekly bulletins, and social media.
o Advise congregants on the best way to communicate internally.
• Attend a weekly Apex UMC Family Communications Team Meeting to coordinate communication and marketing strategies.
• Work with Welcoming Ministries Committee to establish visitor contact for The Peak Church from first visit through New Member Class.
• Ensure data for The Peak in ACS is up to date.
• Support volunteer led teams and other ministry areas as directed by the Campus Pastor.
General Requirements for all staff:
• Pray regularly and actively develop one’s personal faith.
• Sense God’s calling to this ministry and be eager to use one’s gifts and talents to serve Christ.
• Commit to invite and equip laity to serve in this ministry area.
• Minimum of 3 years relevant administrative work experience. Relevant communications work experience a plus.
• Excellent computer skills and proficient in Microsoft Office Suite. Experience with ACS a plus.
• Excellent interpersonal, organizational, administrative and project management skills with a fine eye for detail.
• A self-starter who is also a team player and able to work with minimal direction/little supervision.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously and be organized, flexible and personable.