First United Methodist Church in Wilson NC is seeking a dynamic person to lead children’s ministries from birth through 5th grade, become a part of a supportive church staff and provide support for families in guiding their children to know, love and worship God through a lifelong relationship with Jesus Christ. The position is full-time, salaried and hours must be flexible due to job requirements. Three to five years of experience in a related field is required, and a bachelor’s degree is preferred.
Core Competencies and Qualifications:
• Communication (including the use of media and electronic communications)
• Embrace UMC doctrine and theology; creating balanced ministries that include encouraging worship, discipleship, mission, outreach and fellowship
General responsibilities include:
• Organize and implement several faith-based programs for our children and their families
• Management of volunteers and nursery staff, and coordination with Pre-School Director
• Participate in weekly staff meetings and two monthly ministry area meetings
For application and a more detailed job description email Reverend Bob Bergland at RBergland@nccumc.org by January 31, 2018. Preferred start date is March 1, 2018.