Spring 2019 Divinity School Graduation Information
Duke University holds graduation ceremonies only in the spring. Graduates who earned their degrees in September or December may participate in graduation ceremonies in May. Duke Divinity students will be hooded during the Divinity Baccalaurate ceremony, and diplomas are distributed for May graduates immediately after Divinity Baccalaurate. Divinity Baccalaureate Service will be held in the evening of Saturday May 11, 2019 at 6:30 p.m. in Duke Chapel.
University Commencement Information
University Commencement will be held at Wallace Wade on Sunday, May 12, 2019 at 9:00 a.m.
Duke University maintains a university-wide website for commencement weekend with schedules, resources, information about traveling to Durham, and more.
Graduation Check (should have been completed by December 1, 2018)
Financial Aid Loan Exit Interview on Monday, March 18 at 12:30 p.m. – 1:30 p.m.
- Complete Senior Portfolio by April 1, 2019
- Register to graduate in DukeHub by April 5, 2019
- Give to the Class of 2019 Senior Gift (pdf)! (by April 12 to be included in program)
- Submit Field Education evaluations to the field ed office
- Certificate programs (AEHS, Prison Ministries, etc): make sure your tracking sheet is completed and turned in to Ashley Lunn
- Order tickets for Divinity Baccalaureate by Wednesday, April 24, 2019
- Pay any remaining balance on your bursar bill by Wednesday, May 1, 2019
- Complete the GSQ (Graduate Student Questionnaire)
- Order regalia for graduation festivities
Important Files to Read
Important Event Dates
Tuesday, April 16 11:25 a.m.—Senior Cross Service (Goodson Chapel)
12:30 p.m.—Lunch for Graduating Students (Telcom Circle)
1:30 p.m.—Senior Class photo in front of Duke Chapel
1:33 p.m.—Baccalaureate Rehearsal in Duke Chapel (MANDATORY)
Wednesday, April 17 11:25 a.m.—Closing Convocation (Goodson Chapel)
12:30 p.m.—Community-wide lunch
Wednesday, May 8 6:30 p.m.—Senior Banquet (Rickhouse, Durham)
Saturday, May 11 5:00 p.m.—Graduates arrive in Goodson Chapel
6:30 p.m.—Divinity Baccalaureate and Hooding Ceremony (Duke Chapel)
8:00ish p.m. (we hope!)—Light Reception in the Divinity Café following
Sunday, May 12 8:15 a.m.—participants in University Commencement arrive
9:00 a.m.—University Commencement Exercises at Wallace Wade