This full-time position is responsible for helping lead youth into a meaningful relationship with Jesus Christ. You'll work on a team with other youth staff, focusing primarily on 7th and 8th grade ministry. Cast vision for the Middle School Ministry, deliver large group messages, lead small group Bible studies, manage a large team of volunteers, be highly relational, and support the entire youth ministry and church with its mission, vision, and strategy.
The Middle School Youth Pastor must thrive in a fast-paced, highly relational, creative environment with tight deadlines and busy schedules.
As with all HPUMC positions, this person is expected to embody the mission of HPUMC each and every day: to help people become deeply devoted followers of Jesus Christ. You will also be expected to demonstrate the values of HPUMC, which include: (1) being God led, (2) caring for one another, (3) being respectful of our heritage and (4) being focused on our future.
We provide competitive pay, full benefit package, and a fun and supportive workplace!
We require a committed Christian who feels called to Youth Ministry and is comfortable working in a United Methodist Church environment, with the following qualifications:
Education & Experience:
- Undergraduate degree required; post-grad education a plus
- 3+ years in Youth Ministry or related field
- Experience in large church ministry
- Experience in delivering powerful biblical messages to youth regularly
- Good computer skills: email, Internet, other applications
- Demonstrates enthusiasm and positive attitude
- High degree of initiative and accountability
- Ability to manage and motivate volunteers
- Strong interpersonal, communication and organization skills
Working Hours: Due to the nature of youth ministry, early mornings, late nights, weekends, and week-long out-of-town events are common. Office hours will be determined with these factors in mind.
TO APPLY, please email all of the following to firstname.lastname@example.org, specifying MS Pastor in subject line:
1. Resume & cover letter/email
2. Video (link or DVD) of a recent teaching
3. Statement of your philosophy of ministry and your call to ministry
4. Your religious/church affiliation
5. Your pay requirement
No calls, please.