Macedonia United Methodist Church
The Organist/Pianist provides musical accompaniment that supports the church’s mission and ministries through its worship services and other special events. Offers a variety of musical styles and pieces that glorify God and enhances the worship experience.
• Prepares preludes, offertories, Holy Communion music, choral responses and postludes for Sunday morning worship services, special events and seasonal concerts
• Accompanies Chancel choir, small groups, soloists and instrumentalists at rehearsals, worship services, special services and seasonal concerts (typically, 1 or 2 rehearsals the week of services)
• Performs music for weddings, wedding rehearsals, funerals or memorial services, or provides qualified organist/pianist as a substitute
• Maintains and builds a repertoire of appropriate musical selections for all Sunday morning worship services and all other special celebrations, concerts and events which require accompaniment
• Performs hymns and other music for the worship service, with clear and robust introductions, and appropriate tempo and volume
• Oversees the tuning and maintenance of organs and pianos of the church within approved schedules and budgets
Experience, Skills & other Requirements:
• Mature Christian with a desire to be a part of a team fostering the ministries and mission of the church
• 3+ years organ and/or piano experience performing and accompanying in a variety of worship settings
• Level of proficiency to sight read hymns, liturgy and moderately difficult anthem accompaniments
• Knowledge of traditional worship practices and liturgical calendar of the United Methodist Church preferred
• Accepts direction, prepares diligently and appropriately, seeks clarification when needed
• Exceptional organizational, communication, problem-solving and time management skills with great attention to detail and follow-up
• Positive, flexible, unflappable – works independently and/or with various teams, musicians, committees and church leaders, adapts well to unexpected changes and events
Part time, salaried position. Estimated 8-10 hours per week (including practice time. Actual rehearsal and service time are about 4 hour per week). Number of hours and schedule may fluctuate occasionally depending on church activities and unplanned events (ex: funerals). In the current arrangement of worship, one Sunday per month is a Contemporary Worship service and organist/pianist participation is not needed on those Sundays.
Compensation commensurate with experience. Please send resumes and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about our church, visit www.macedoniaumc.org.