WANT A MINISTRY INTERNSHIP LEADING YOUNG ADULTS?
Serve as a summer House Pastor with Project Transformation!
ABOUT US: The mission of Project Transformation is to transform communities by engaging children, college-age young adults, and churches in purposeful relationships.
TERMS AND COMPENSATION: The House Pastor (HP) position is a full-time, 8-9 week summer commitment. HPs receive a living stipend, mileage reimbursement, and summer housing, and are accountable to local chapter Project Transformation staff.
WHAT WOULD I DO?: HPs plan and facilitate all activities related to intentional Christian community living for young adults leading literacy and enrichment camps for children and youth in urban UM churches. Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
★ Lead a Nurturing, Supportive Christian Environment
○ Live in community housing and facilitate intentional community with diverse young adults
○ Be a pastoral presence and meet with individuals or teams as needed
★ Facilitate Spiritual Formation Activities for Young Adult Interns
○ Facilitate established vocational discernment curriculum
○ Develop and implement diverse community worship and devotional experiences
★ Coordinate Volunteers from Local Churches
○ Work with PT local chapter staff to coordinate dinner volunteers for community meals
★ Oversee Community Housing Logistics
○ Troubleshoot housing issues with appropriate staff contacts
○ Oversee expense budget related to young adults
★ Plan Summer Young Adult Social Calendar
○ Schedule and organize a variety of events/activities (weekends and during the week) such as dance parties, coffee houses, open mic nights, etc.
○ Implement creative and appealing ways of advertising upcoming events/activities
★ Serve as a Liaison between your Seminary and PT Young Adults
○ Help plan a Friday visit or zoom call with your seminary for interested young adults
○ Recruit your seminary faculty/staff to speak during community worship/s
○ Share essential information about your seminary’s admissions process to PT young adults
HOW DO I APPLY?: To apply for an HP position in the following cities, click here: Dallas, Fort Worth, San Antonio/Austin, Indianapolis, Atlanta, Nashville/Memphis, and Baltimore/Washington, DC!