The Director of Youth Discipleship will lead a program of lifelong learning that intentionally ministers with youth in a way that nurtures their faith, uses their gifts, expands their horizons, calls them to discipleship, and deepens their relationship with Jesus Christ.
Report: Minister or Director of Lifelong Learning
Hours/Salary: 20 hours/week; $15,000 - $20,000 annually
- Design and implement a youth program that integrates spiritual education, service learning, and relationship building.
- Create and oversee Sunday morning education and Sunday evening club programs.
- Provide leadership, staff support, and expertise to the Youth Discipleship Team.
- Collaborate with the Youth Discipleship Team to organize and oversee events such as retreats, mission trips, breakfast clubs, service opportunities, social events, fundraisers, and other spiritual and community growth opportunities.
- Build strong relationships with parents of youth and the congregation at large.
- Cultivate parental involvement and equip and empower others to minister with youth.
- Attend extra-curricular youth events as time permits.
- Assist and participate in the planning and implementation of classes for youth making Profession of Faith.
- Coordinate efforts under the direction of the Minister or Director of Lifelong Learning and together with the Directors of Adult Discipleship and Children’s Discipleship.
- Oversee the creation and adherence to a budget for youth discipleship programs.
- Maintains a vital and growing relationship with Jesus Christ while encouraging spiritual growth in others.
- Is grounded in biblical knowledge, knows Reformed doctrine, and embraces the spirit of the Reformed tradition.
- College degree preferred.
- Training and experience in Christian education generally and with youth specifically.
- Is a passionate lifelong learner.
- Is collegial and collaborative.
- Is an effective communicator.
- Is well-organized and efficient
- Is approachable.
- Is creative.
- Is familiar with and able to use instructional and computer technology.
Interested candidates should forward their cover letter and resume or any questions via email.