First Presbyterian Church of Dunn, North Carolina is looking for a full-time Director of Christian Education (DCE). The DCE will work closely with the pastor, music director, and office administrator to provide biblical and spiritual learning experiences for the entire congregation. In general, the DCE concentrates on Christian Education programs and events the congregation offers to teach the Bible and our faith tradition to children, teenagers, and adults. Activities and programs under Christian Education include, but are not limited to, Sunday School, Fisher Kids, Weekday School, Confirmation, Youth Ministry, Vacation Bible School, intergenerational events, mission trips, Bible Studies, and camps.
The ideal candidate should:
• Have a Bachelor’s Degree (preferably ministry-oriented) and experience in Christian Education or Christian ministry. A Master’s degree in Christian Education or comparable previous ministry experience is preferred.
• Should possess the gifts of leadership and administration to organize and coordinate the various Christian Education programs
• Creatively seek opportunities for all visitors and members of First Presbyterian to be active in the life of the church, especially the activities and programs offered through Christian Education
• Have a growing relationship with Jesus Christ and a commitment to God’s Word, worship, prayer, devotion, and servant hood
• Be committed, supportive, and active in the life and ministry of First Presbyterian Church and encourage others to do likewise.
• Be extremely well-organized, timely, and communicate effectively with the Pastor, church staff, and all other members of the congregation.
Interested candidates should send their resume and cover letter.