First United Methodist Church of Arlington, Texas (http://www.arlingtonmethodist.org/), a church of 3900 members in the heart of downtown Arlington, is seeking a full-time Director of Children’s Ministry. FUMC Arlington is a welcoming community growing in grace together through worship and study, while sharing God’s love by serving those in need. Multiple generations worship together as a vibrant congregation with a rich history of service and leadership in Arlington.
The Director of Children’s Ministry is responsible for the development and implementation of the vision, strategy and tactical elements for all programs, activities and educational aspects related to Children’s Ministries at First United Methodist Church of Arlington.
Some of the responsibilities include:
• Developing and implementing the vision for Children’s Ministries in collaboration with Nursery/PreK Ministries Assistant, Director of Children’s Music, and Children’s Council
• Leading, staffing and resourcing the spiritual formation programs designed for children: Sunday school, VBS, acolytes, confirmation, summer camps, special worship services, tween ministry, etc.
• Recruiting, training and supporting volunteers in children’s ministries
• Creative integration of children’s ministries into La Jornada (on campus Hispanic Ministries)
• Managing children’s ministries budget and offering financial oversight
• Hosting community-wide events reaching into the surrounding community in meaningful ways by supporting families
• Equipping parents to partner in the spiritual development of their children and coordinating family programming.
The successful candidate should have a Bachelor’s degree with a preference for studies in education, child development and ministry. Applicants should have a minimum of three years’ experience in children’s ministry and United Methodist theology is preferred.
Please submit resumes and queries to Kristina Zirschky, firstname.lastname@example.org