The Director of Children’s Discipleship will lead a program of lifelong learning that intentionally ministers with children and their families in a way that nurtures their faith, uses their gifts, expands their horizons, calls them to discipleship, and deepens their relationship with Jesus Christ.
Report: Minister or Director of Lifelong Learning
Hours/Salary: 20 hours/week; $15,000 - $20,000 annually
- Provide leadership, staff support, and expertise to the Children’s Discipleship Team.
- Provide leadership for Children and Worship ministry.
- Coordinate Sunday School for children as well as summer Sunday School programming.
- Collaborate with the Children’s Ministry Team and others to organize and carry out a comprehensive program of events for children such as Vacation Bible School, the Saint Nicholas Festival, retreats, summer camps, and service projects.
- Collaborate with others to provide in-service opportunities for children.
- Oversee the operation and staffing of the nurseries.
- Minister to parents and families of young children.
- Cultivate parental involvement and equip and empower others to minister with children.
- Coordinate efforts under the direction of the Minister or Director of Lifelong Learning and together with the Directors of Adult Discipleship and Children’s Discipleship.
- Oversee the creation and adherence to a budget for children discipleship programs.
- Maintains a vital and growing relationship with Jesus Christ while encouraging spiritual growth in others.
- Is grounded in biblical knowledge, knows Reformed doctrine, and embraces the spirit of the Reformed tradition.
- College degree preferred.
- Training and experience in Christian education generally and with children specifically.
- Is a passionate lifelong learner.
- Enjoys working with children.
- Is collegial and collaborative.
- Is an effective communicator.
- Is well-organized and efficient
- Is approachable.
- Is creative.
- Is familiar with and able to use instructional and computer technology.
Interested candidates should forward their cover letter and resume or any questions to