The Director of Adult Discipleship will lead a program of lifelong learning that intentionally ministers to adults in a way that nurtures their faith, uses their gifts, expands their horizons, calls them to discipleship, and deepens their relationship with Jesus Christ.
Report: Minister or Director of Lifelong Learning
Hours/Salary: 20 hours/week; $15,000 - $20,000 annually
- Provide leadership, staff support, and expertise to the Adult Discipleship Team.
- Create and oversee a comprehensive program of Sunday morning adult education opportunities.
- Create and oversee a comprehensive program of adult education opportunities throughout the remainder of the week and year, such as service projects, adult small group studies, mission trips, retreats, and fellowship gatherings.
- Plan and carry out Central’s Teacher in Residence program.
- Coordinate adult program efforts under the direction of the Minister or Director of Lifelong Learning and together with the Directors of Youth Discipleship and Children’s Discipleship.
- Equip and empower others to minister to adults.
- Oversee the creation and adherence to a budget for adult discipleship programs.
- Maintains a vital and growing relationship with Jesus Christ while encouraging spiritual growth in others.
- Is grounded in biblical knowledge, knows Reformed doctrine, and embraces the spirit of the Reformed tradition.
- College degree or equivalent.
- Training and experience in Christian education generally and with adults specifically.
- Is a passionate lifelong learner.
- Is collegial and collaborative.
- Is an effective communicator.
- Is well-organized and efficient
- Is approachable.
- Is creative.
- Is familiar with and able to use instructional and computer technology.
Interested candidates should forward their cover letter and resume or any questions via email.