Prepare oneself and the contemporary worship team for theologically sound, creative, spiritually fulfilling worship in a contemporary setting with the goal of engaging the congregation in singing and hearing God’s word through music.
DUTIES AND GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Plan and coordinate all music modalities, song selection, dance, audiovisual aids, drama, and technical requirements for a 9:45am Sunday contemporary worship service
2. Provide worship/Music leadership in other occasional services such as, but not limited to: Christmas Eve, Lenten and Easter services, funerals, etc.
3. Recruit, audition, rehearse, train, and direct a volunteer team of musicians, volunteer A-V equipment operators, and singers in a welcoming manner with the goal of expanding the depth and the ability of the worship team.
4. Plan and Lead weekly rehearsals with the music team prepare for worship and expand our repertoire of worship music.
5. Prepares the worship songs and other basic elements of the liturgy for Pro-Presenter. Ready to give to Worship Projection Leader in timely manner.
6. Keep up with our reporting to CCLI
7. Possess knowledge in the use of computer, sound, video, and stage lighting techniques to enhance the worship experience and be able to train others to also effectively use these modalities
8. Be available to regularly meet with pastors and staff to plan worship and meet weekly with the music team to direct practice sessions
9. Organize the availability of sheet music, stage props, rehearsal times, dramatic arts, story tellers, guest performers, etc. in order to prepare all involved parties in the presentation of a coherent, energetic worship experience that flows smoothly and delivers a meaningful message
10. Oversees musical equipment needs
11. Prepare an annual budget for contemporary worship needs, recognizing the overall needs of the church
1. Have a deep love of God as demonstrated by living a life of joy, integrity, prayer, spiritual strength, trustworthiness, patience, and kindness
2. Strong musical gifts with the ability to faithfully lead a community of people in their participation in the worship of God.
3. Be knowledgeable and enthusiastic about music with the ability to play a lead instrument in the Praise Band as a preference but not necessarily a requirement.
4. Have a speaking style that engages the congregation
5. Create a worship experience through music that engages the congregation and encourages them to participate in worship through their own singing.
6. Understand and support Methodist doctrine
7. Skills in conceptualizing, organizing, and leading a weekly worship service incorporating music, video, dramatic arts, dance, sound, stage lighting, and story- telling appropriate for the week’s worship theme
8. Graceful and competent leader who can develop and guide a music team in effective worship leadership
9. Support the entire worship service with presence and attendance even when music team is not engaged in the worship service