Children’s Ministry Director: Part Time (10 hours/week)
Open Table United Methodist Church :: Raleigh, NC
Open Table UMC is a new church located just north of downtown Raleigh in the Oakwood neighborhood. Our dream is to be a diverse, mission focused church that engages the community in creative ways, seeks to live out God’s justice and mercy, and bridges the divides of race, economics, age and sexuality – as we share life together.
As we launch this new church, kids are a major priority. We are in a neighborhood that presents dynamic opportunities to reach out and include the children as an important part of our congregation.
The director will be responsible for developing, launching and leading the children’s ministry for ages K3 to 5th grade – starting with our youngest and building from there. This is an incredible opportunity for a leader who loves kids and wants to see children develop into life-long disciples that participate in the life of the church. This could be a great position for someone who needs the part-time flexibility but wants to engage in life-changing ministry and be part of an exciting new congregation.
Responsibilities would include, but not be limited to:
• Developing the children’s ministry plan & strategy
• Recruiting, developing, and training a children’s ministry volunteer team
• Manage curriculum
• Classroom teaching
• Building relationships with families to help support discipleship in the home
• Schedule volunteers
• Oversee check-in and safe sanctuary policies
• Oversight of nursery
• Expansion of children’s ministry as necessary
• Developing ongoing strategies for including children in the overall life and mission of Open Table
• Helping the church to reach out and engage the children of this neighborhood and the surrounding community
This is a 10-hour per/week position that would break down to approximately:
• 5 hours on Sundays (on-site at church)
• 5 hours ministry management/administration (from home/mobile office)
Anticipated Start Date: January 2018
Previous children’s ministry experience and/or theological education are preferred but not required
All employees of OTUMC are encouraged to regularly attend worship service and call OTUMC their church home. To apply for this position, send a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org