First Baptist Church Kannapolis is seeking a passionate, creative leader to love and lead children from birth through 6th grade and their families into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ by creatively teaching God’s word, providing opportunities for authentic worship, planning and organizing fun and meaningful spiritual events as well as offering avenues for service which will grow them in a Christ-centered, nurturing environment.
The Minister of Children should be an energetic, relational leader with a deep love for Jesus Christ and His people, have a love for children, and a heart for reaching our community through children’s and family ministries. This person would serve on the FBCK church staff as part of the ministry team in a full time capacity. This person should believe that he/she is called by God to serve this church and lead in a comprehensive ministry of spiritual formation to children and their families.
- Oversees and directs the planning, coordination, implementation and evaluation of all non-music ministries and programs for individuals from birth through sixth grade.
- Leads the church in all facets of outreach and spiritual formation for children and their families. (Ministering to kids in the community through VBS, Soccer Ministry, etc.)
- Coordinates all children’s ministries with the overall church calendar. Coordination is carried out in cooperation with the ministerial staff and appropriate church organizations. Programs and activities are communicated to ministerial staff, relevant committees, and volunteers and leaders.
- Provides or obtains training, leadership and development opportunities for those in our church who serve in positions relevant to this staff member (e.g., Sunday School teachers, extended session nursery care workers, volunteers, etc.).
- Prepares and leads a strategic balance of ministries and discipling efforts with children to ensure Biblical knowledge and literacy, exposure to the message of Jesus, and connecting the Christian faith to daily life, through ongoing faith training, recreational events and seasonal, ageappropriate activities that promote both fun and learning.
- Enables children to experience service and missions training and experience (e.g. OIAM Day, Christmas caroling, Family Mission Trip, etc.).
- Educates families on best practices to foster and promote spiritual exploration, discovery, and maturity in the home with parents and siblings.
- Evaluates and offers recommendations for curriculum used for children within the church for Sunday School, discipleship training, Christian education and missions education in consultation with other staff.
- Ensures a safe, secure learning environment for children through volunteer training, screening and management (notarized information forms, nursery security, etc.).
- Understands and works within the employment guidelines of the church’s personnel policy manual.
- Participates and serves in other areas as directed by the senior pastor and/or the congregation.
- Works with other staff members to implement Sunday evening discipleship programs so the whole family can have a discipleship time or experience (seasonal).
- Oversees the children’s sermon during worship and organize the children’s worship time.
- Ministers to families who are expecting or just had a baby, through hospital visits, care packages, information packets about FBCK’s children’s ministries, and/or prayer and support that is expected from the church family.
- Ministers to member children and their families in the event of hospitalization or illness by way of visitation, care packages, and /or personalized cards.
- Plans and implements the fall Soccer Ministry, through organizing registration, recruiting coaches and volunteers, planning devotions, concessions, etc. Take on leadership role of the Soccer Ministry.
- Attends all regularly scheduled staff meetings and any called meetings as directed by staff or the Deacon Council.
- Serves as staff coordinator for all non-music programs and ministries for children and their families.
- Serves as staff liaison and representative to selected church councils and committees as directed by the senior pastor and/or congregation.
- Works in developing budget allocations, financial requests and overseeing expenditures in related ministry areas.
- Identifies and enlists volunteers and leadership in ministries related to children and their families.
- Participates in special-event planning and the full range of the church’s life and mission as it pertains to children and their families.
- Gives an account to the deacon council for all non-music ministries for children and their families.
- Immediate supervisor is the senior pastor.
- Reports periodically to the Minister of Children Search Committee during a predetermined probationary period.
- Has a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and a desire to share that relationship with others.
- Pursues a lifestyle of personal growth in spiritual relationship, family, ministry, and leadership.
- Has a belief in God’s personal call to vocational ministry.
- Has the ability to work well with a church staff and in partnership with the congregation. This minister should enjoy working directly with children and parents.
- Has a commitment to personal spiritual growth.
- Has a commitment to tithing.
- Is in agreement with traditional Baptist beliefs and values as reflected in the 1963 Baptist Faith and Message.
- Is teachable, responsive, and respectful of authority.
- Possesses strong organizational and leadership skills.
- Able to recruit, train and empower a dynamic team of volunteers.
- Has a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university. Biblical and/or theological degree/discipline preferred.
- Prior experience in Children’s Ministry or Preschool and/or Elementary Education.
- Willing and able to drive the church’s 15 passenger bus for children’s events outside the church.
- Able to maximize social media outlets for communication and outreach to the community, our children and their families.
To apply for this opportunity, please send your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org