First Congregational Church of Mansfield, Ohio
Position: Associate Minister
General Description: Our Associate Minister will lead youth, family, and outreach ministries, engaging participation in worship, study, service, and play within our congregation and our community. She or he will collaborate with the Senior Minister, staff and lay leadership to nurture and energize the daily life of our church and its ministries. Together with us, he or she will honor Congregational principles of Faith, Freedom, and Fellowship through practices inspiring spiritual growth in the 21st century.
Status: Full-time, Salaried position
Duties / Responsibilities
- Provides theological and organizational leadership for Christian Education, in accordance with our Covenant and ideals set forth in Article III, Sections 2 and 3 of our Constitution, (click here to see both: http://www.mansfieldfcc.com/constitution). Duties include oversight of children’s and youth ministry and staff; development and continuity of curriculum; and expansion of learning and service opportunities for young adults and parents.
- Serves as primary advisor and resource person for the Children’s and Youth Ministry Committee. Serves as advisor and resource person for various church boards and committees as agreed upon and assigned by the Senior Minister.
- Coordinates community outreach programs targeting families, young adults, and youth.
- Assumes preaching and worship responsibilities as needed and agreed upon by the Senior Minister.
- Participates with the Senior Minister in the theological and spiritual teaching aspects of confirmation classes.
- Demonstrates a pattern of interest, attendance, and involvement in the over-all life of the church, with particular emphasis on engaging youth and families in fellowship, learning, and service opportunities.
- Assists with hospital and home visits, weddings, funerals, and counseling, as assigned by the Senior Minister, or upon request of individuals or families.
- In the absence of the Senior Minister, assume responsibilities as appropriate.
- This position description is not intended to be all-inclusive: therefore, this Associate Minister will also perform other reasonably related position duties as required.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree from and accredited college or university.
- Graduate Degree from an accredited theological seminary preferred.
- Evidence of successful church/community involvement with youth and families.
- Familiarity with successful strategies for growing church engagement and membership among all age groups, with emphasis on younger generations.
- Demonstrates passion for reaching out to and working with youth and families as a spiritual leader.
- Inspires trust and maintains confidences.
- Demonstrates the initiative and problem solving skills required to achieve organizational goals.
- Supervised by the Senior Minister.
- The Senior Minister is responsible for conducting an annual evaluation, in coordination with the Moderator.
More information related to the position and our church can be found at www.NACCC.org (National Association of Congregational Churches) in our Church Information Form (CIF). In order to access this information, applicants need to fill out the Minister Information Form. https://www.naccc.org/ministers-information-form.html