St. Luke’s United Methodist Church of Houston, Texas is searching for an Assistant Director of Student Ministry for the High School Ministry. St. Luke’s is a vibrant congregation that recently pledged $30 million for a building campaign that includes new youth facilities. This is a multi-site ministry, each site with its own staff – the Gethsemane Campus and the Westheimer Campus. There is a healthy team atmosphere here with seven staff members and over 100 volunteers, all focused on developing young disciples of Christ.
The model of ministry for St. Luke’s is built around moving people forward on a spiritual journey or four movements of faith: from Seeker to Believer, from Believer to Belonger, from Belonger to Disciple and from Disciple to Apostle. The student ministry lives into this vision by creating an ever-expanding network of relationships and environments that foster young men and women as they move along their faith journey.
The Assistant Director of Student Ministries for High School will create, plan and execute events and programs for high school students that support these four environments:
• Awaken in Worship: Encourage students to participate in corporate worship
• Embrace in Community: Create programs that are fun, connectional, relevant and designed for young men and women to know they belong to the family of God.
• Train in Teams: Lead an ever-expanding network of small groups and support the leaders
• Move in Service: Provide opportunities for students to participate in transformation through missions, both locally and internationally
The Assistant Director will have five key functions:
• Building relationships with volunteers (recruiting, equipping and discipling), students and parents (serving as role model, small group leader and resource connection)
• Marketing and communications: ensure timely, effective and accurate communications as well as working with event coordinators and staff to promote and celebrate the student ministry
• Staff Management: work collaboratively with a Student Ministry Team as well as oversee a Program Assistant and Intern for the High School Ministry
• Spiritual Leadership: live a contagious Christian life and develop the four environments (listed above)