Details for upcoming semesters will be available at the time of pre-registration in the middle of the semester, and more distant plans may be ascertained by consulting the divisional representative or the instructors concerned.
Fall 2017 Registration Information
- Fall 2017 Course Schedule (pdf): Updated 3.23.17. This information is downloaded from DukeHub. Please see DukeHub for the most updated information regarding classes.
- Limited Elective Course Listings (Spring 2008 to present) (pdf)
Course Overload Request
If you are considering enrolling in more than 4 courses, this is considered an overload, and you will need permission from Dean Conklin-Miller to do this. Factors that are considered in granting permission include, but are not limited to, non-credit courses during the upcoming semester and the student's academic record, e.g. spiritual formation, field education, and incomplete coursework from previous semesters. To request an overload, please fill out this form: Course Overload Request Form
Factors that are considered in granting an overload request include:
- Your year in school: First semester students are not able to take a fifth course. Secnod semester students cannot be granted an overload until their grades are in from the first semester.
- Your grade point average - Students generally must have a GPA over a 3.0, although extenuating circumstances will be considered.
- Your transcript: A student with incompletes from the previous semester will not be allowed to enroll in a fifth course.
Note: You do not need permission to audit a fifth course. You do need permission to take a fifth course for a grade or on a pass/fail basis.
Spring 2017 Final Exam Information
If you are unsure if your course is offering a final exam, please consult your syllabi and ask the instructor for further clarification.
Consult the Divinity Bulletin for additional information about courses offered through Duke Divinity School.