Wind in Our Sails is a program that seeks the Christ-loving nurture of clergy and Christian leaders, both professionally and personally, by supporting them with virtual webinars on skills and practices critical to clergy’s ministry vocation.
Wind in Our Sails will offer six webinar sessions open to all Duke Divinity alumni throughout the 2021-2022 academic year.
- September 14, 2021, 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm est: How is it with your soul?
- How to develop and sustain healthy spiritual practices that allow you to abide in the world while strengthening your skills to deepen your connection with God to lead God’s people. Presenter: Bishop Ken Carter M.Div'83
- October 12, 2021, 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm est: Friendship
- How to develop and sustain healthy relationships that serve as sources of renewal personally and professionally. Presenter: Rev. Dr. William Lee M.Div'78
- November 9, 2021, 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm est: Scriptural Imagination
- How to develop an imagination that allows the scripture to transform you and your context. Presenter: Dr. Ellen Davis
- February 8, 2022, 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm est: Kenotic Listening
- How to engage in self-emptying listening that fully embraces the stories of others as you journey with them. Presenter: Rev. Dr. Susan Jones M.Div'83
- March 8, 2022, 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm est: Being Resilient
- How to develop skills that stabilize a leader during turbulent times. Presenters: Dr. Anathea Portier-Young Ph.D'04, Rev. Dr. Monique Williams M.Div'08, Rev. Alma Tinoco Ruiz M.Div'13, Rev. Melissa Florer-Bixler G'05, Rev. Dr. Latanya Agard M.Div'08
- April 12, 2022, 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm est: Incarnational Spirituality
- How one embodies responses to trauma and triumphs. Presenter: Dr. Norman Wirzba