Wind in Our Sails is a program that seeks the Christ-loving nurture of clergy and Christian leaders, both professionally and personally, by supporting them with virtual webinars on skills and practices critical to clergy’s ministry vocation.
Wind in Our Sails will offer six webinar sessions open to all Duke Divinity alumni throughout the 2021-2022 academic year. These will take place on Sept. 14, Oct. 19, Nov. 16, Feb. 15, March 15, and April 19 from 12 p.m. to 1 p.m.
Topics for the webinar sessions will include:
- How is it with your soul: How to develop and sustain healthy spiritual practices that allow you to abide in the world while strengthening your skills to deepen your connection with God to lead God’s people
- Friendship: Developing and sustaining healthy relationships that serve as sources of renewal personally and professionally
- Scriptural imagination: Developing an imagination that allows the scripture to transform you and your context
- Kenotic Listening: Self-emptying listening that fully embraces the stories of others as you journey with them
- Being Resilient: Developing skills that stabilize a leader during turbulent times
- Incarnational Spirituality: The embodied responses to trauma and triumphs