April 27, 2015
Full time Solo Pastor
Atkinson Congregational Church
Atkinson, IL USA
Atkinson Congregational Church is seeking a full-time pastor who possesses leadership abilities that would enable him or her to guide people of all ages in their spiritual lives, and to assist in membership growth and involvement.
In addition to all the regular activities of a minister (preparing and delivering a Sunday morning sermon, counseling the membership, overseeing committees, guiding the congregation, etc), evangelism and a desire to lead all people to know the saving grace of Christ, is seen as being of the utmost importance.
Of secondary importance is the ability to teach and preach from the bible. We expect Sunday school classes for all ages to be established in addition to Bible studies for young and old.
Home and sick visits would be expected including taking and serving communion to shut-ins.
We need a very active person with a deep commitment to introducing the gospel & God’s love, forgiveness, & salvation to everyone no matter what their circumstances or their past life
The primary goals are:
• To develop a plan for Christian education for all ages including Sunday School, men’s women’s & youth bible studies, & vacation bible school
• To increase membership, by seeking out new members.
• To increase church attendance & activity in the church.
• To increase social activities with the assistance of a new full-time minister.
It will take a special person who looks forward to this as a challenge. With God’s help & the right person, we know it is possible.
April 27, 2015
Director of The Wesley Foundation at Louisiana Tech
The Wesley Foundation at Louisiana Tech University
Ruston, Louisiana USA
The Wesley Foundation serving Louisiana Tech University strives to embody the message of Christ through living life together, being devoted to the Word of God, prayer, worshiping together, and sharing in each others needs and joys. With a focus on loving Jesus, loving people, and communicating these tenets to the students on the campus of Louisiana Tech and throughout the Ruston community, the Louisiana Tech Wesley Foundation is seeking a Director of the campus ministry to fulfill this mission statement.
The candidate we seek is creative and energetic in their missional pursuit and discipleship of students. The candidate should be a nurturing leader with an ability to recruit, equip, and empower ministry interns and student leaders. The next director will be able to communicate the Word of God effectively through preaching and teaching as well as casting a vision for the ministry. The director should possess a willingness to actively engage the Wesley alumni base and local churches in the work of fundraising, as well as connect with the Wesley Board of Directors.
Qualifications: Ordained elders in The United Methodist Church with a seminary degree are desired. Certified candidates in the ordination process will be considered. The ideal candidate will have a vibrant relationship with Jesus Christ and experience working in campus ministry and/or young adult ministry.
Candidates should submit a resume, references, and a 3-5 minute video articulating your relationship with Jesus Christ and how it will impact the college campus at Louisiana Tech University. Please include a link to your video in your application materials. Applications should be submitted to the Wesley Foundation Board Personnel Committee at LaTechWesleySearch@gmail.com. Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will begin July 1, 2015.
April 21, 2015
Campus Minister and Executive Director
Wesley Fellowship at Duke University
Durham, NC USA
The Wesley Fellowship at Duke University seeks a visionary and dynamic leader for its collegiate ministry program. Duke Wesley engages students in Christian formation through worship, service, social justice awareness, small group discipleship, and residential community life. The successful candidate will be passionate about ministry with undergraduate students and will bring a deep pastoral presence to the community.
The candidate should possess a positive team spirit and a proven ability to recruit, empower, and listen to student leaders. The candidate should have demonstrated leadership in managing and directing staff and interns, crafting vision, fundraising, administering finances, and relating to diverse constituencies. The candidate should be well grounded in Wesleyan theology and tradition, with an emphasis on intentional community, sacrament, and social justice.
Candidates must have a Master of Divinity degree, be an ordained Elder in The United Methodist Church, and have a successful track record of leading collegiate ministry. The position is an extension ministry appointment within the North Carolina Conference of The United Methodist Church. The Campus Minister works with the Board of Directors and student leaders to chart and implement the vision and strategic plan for the ministry. For more information about Duke Wesley, visit dukewesley.org.
Candidates must submit a letter of interest, a resume, 3 references with email and phone contact, and a link to a 3-5 minute video articulating your vision for campus ministry. Materials should be submitted to DukeWesleyBoard@gmail.com no later than May 15, 2015. This position will be filled no later than August 1, 2015.
April 21, 2015
Director of Youth Ministry
First United Methodist Church
Cary, North Carolina United States
One of the largest Methodist churches in North Carolina is seeking a full-time Director of Youth Ministry. First United Methodist Church of Cary (FUMC-C), a 3800 member congregation located in Cary, North Carolina, is committed to its youth and seeks a staff member who is able to help lead and fulfill the mission of the church to make disciples of Jesus Christ who grow in faith and love through worship, fellowship, service, and witness to one another and the world.
The FUMC-C Youth Ministry is a multi-staff ministry team who enjoys excellent support of clergy, staff, other ministry teams, and the congregation.
The Youth Ministry Director needs at least five years in youth ministry leadership or equivalent and have evidence of gifts, graces, and an appropriate skill set to help discern, implement, and carry out the mission and vision of the church in the Youth Ministry. This person will build up and lead a team of staff and adult servant leaders to create a vibrant and welcoming faith community. FUMC-C has worked with Ministry Architects to build a sustainable plan and already has some viable goals in place, so there is a solid foundation of ministry and leadership upon which the church is re-building a sustainable infrastructure and team for doing effective and fruitful youth ministry. Interested candidates should have a four-year college degree.
E-mail email@example.com to get an application. Questions may be directed to Chris via e-mail.
April 20, 2015
First Cumberland Presbyterian Church
Chattanooga, Tennessee USA
First Cumberland Presbyterian Church Seeks Senior Minister
First Cumberland Presbyterian Church of Chattanooga, Tenn., established in 1841 and a flagship church of the Cumberland Presbyterian denomination, seeks a minister who will lead our congregation as we grow in mind, body and spirit while honoring a heritage of faith, stewardship, traditional worship and community ministry.
Our new minister will:
• Be a strong spiritual and inspirational worship leader
• Value traditional worship
• Have an energetic personality with the ability to engage the congregation in the work of the church
• Have strong communication skills with the ability to serve as moderator of our Church Session
• Be an effective administrator who is capable of leading a multi-person staff
• Show proven growth in areas of membership, church income, and community engagement
• Invest in building relationships with congregation, staff and community
• Have a strong sense of self
• Be a life-long learner who is dedicated to continual spiritual growth
• Hold a minimum of an undergraduate degree from an accredited college. A Master of Divinity or Doctoral degree from a seminary that is accredited by the American Association of Theological Schools is preferred.
The mission of First Cumberland Presbyterian Church of Chattanooga is to give witness to the Gospel of Jesus Christ through worship, preaching, teaching, fellowship and ministering to all human needs of the heart, mind and body; that all persons may experience the saving power of God in this life and the life to come.
We are a congregation with an average attendance of 180-200 in Sunday worship. Our church campus is home to a daycare center with an enrollment of 75 children, a summer outreach program for 200+ children, and a community pool. More information is available at www.firstcumberland.com. We welcome applicants from other denominations, with the understanding that the selected candidate will affiliate with the Cumberland Presbyterian denomination.
Please submit resumes by e-mail or postal mail by Sunday, May 31, 2015. Resumes should include three (3) references and three (3) letters of recommendation. E-mail submissions are preferred. An audio or video clip of a sermon would be highly appreciated. Ideally, the successful candidate will begin ministry in October 2015 after the successful completion of a complete background check. Please send submissions to:
First Cumberland Presbyterian Church
Attn: Pastoral Search Committee
1505 N. Moore Road
Chattanooga, TN 37411
April 17, 2015
Church, Administration, Church, Ministry
Director of Children and Families
The Riverside Church
New York, New York USA
In working towards forming a community centered on becoming “One Riverside,” the Director of Children and Families will oversee our ministry for welcoming youth into The Riverside Church while accompanying them along the path of discipleship. The Director of Children and Families will develop a vision for a vibrant ministry that extends beyond the walls of our building into our neighborhood of Harlem and actively engages laity, community partners, and volunteers in pursuit of that goal. He/She will provide support to our children and their families while creating pathways for them to experience belonging, nurture, and a relationship with God through Jesus Christ within our community.
Overall Job Responsibilities:
• Develop, implement and coordinate ministries and programs within the scope of Children and their Families including but not limited to: Family Fellowship opportunities, Advent Wreath Workshop, Pillar League (group for mothers), Summer Children’s Experiences, and Confirmation.
• Develop pathways for families to find places of fellowship, connection, and support at TRC
• Oversee the church nursery staff and volunteers ensuring that our childcare procedures and space meet all standards of excellence.
• Strategize and coordinate with the Education Ministry team to create a cohesive and coherent program for discipleship that spans all age groups.
• Maintain the proper coordination and working relationships with other church staff, lay leaders and co-workers in the ministry.
• Cultivate strategic partnerships with key community groups that have a stake in childhood development in our neighborhood
• Collaborate with Minister of Education to develop annual Children and Families budget.
• Recruit, train, and supervise CYF program staff and volunteers
Essential Job Responsibilities:
• Actively participates in the CF program, both in administrative and teaching capacities.
• Coordinates activities for children and their families that incorporates themes of fellowship, discipleship, spiritual disciplines, and social justice.
• Spearheads efforts to engage children in our neighborhood through programmatic, fellowship, mentoring, and discipleship opportunities.
• Coordinates activities with the Weekday School to offer joint/collaborative programming
• Directs strategic planning, development and implementation of Children and Families programs that meet the mission and vision of the Riverside Church.
• Encourages and strives for diversity among volunteers that celebrates differences of age, gender, race, ethnicity and sexual orientation in a dual denominational context.
• Works with Minister of Education to create and evaluate metrics to for gauging the efficacy of programming for children and their families
• Plans, leads and coordinates worship with staff responsible for worship services:
Integrating children in Sunday Worship in the Nave on a regular basis
Coordinating services in the Nave which focuses on the church school (e.g., Bible Sunday, Children’s Sabbath, Confirmation, Christmas Eve Service and Youth Sundays.)
Serving in worship leadership as assigned by the Senior Minister and Minister of Worship
• Oversees the selection of all programs, curricula and events to be used with children in consultation with the Minister of Education.
• Attends Education Commission meetings and staff meetings
• Oversees the coordination of all children’s events and activities, including but not limited to, scheduling room assignments, procuring necessary supplies, making travel arrangements, etc.
• Ministers to families of children and/or ensure that they receive pastoral support from other clergy/staff members. Identify and make referrals to appropriate staff for counseling and intervention as necessary.
• Perform all other duties as requested by the Minister of Education
Education / Experience Requirements:
1. Bachelor degree required, Masters Level training in an appropriate field preferred (M.Div, MAR, MSW, etc.)
2. Experience working with children in a multi-cultural and multi-racial setting
3. Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills with a demonstrated ability to interact in a collaborative manner with other ministries and staff.
4. A clear understanding of the theological position of the Riverside Church and its commitment to faith development and social justice in the tradition of the American Baptist Church and United Church of Christ
5. Experience in ‘open and affirming” ministry settings, preferably in a congregation with a multi-cultural and multi-racial membership.
6. Experience in administration, conflict resolution, developing budgets, controlling expenditures and supervising staff.
7. Ability to behave within the Staff Vision of The Riverside Church - “Love is our Aim and Mutual Respect our Pathway”.
April 16, 2015
Director of Children and Youth Ministries
St. Francis United Methodist Church
Charlotte, NC USA
St. Francis UMC is an inviting mid-size church seeking a Director of Children and Youth Ministries. Candidates should have an engaging personality with an ability to relate to both children and youth, while being an exemplary role model with strong Christian values. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, leading educational ministries for children and youth, planning and implementing children and youth programs that are fun and inviting for new and existing families/individuals, communicate regularly with children, youth, parents and entire congregation, plan and lead mission activities, including a summer mission trip, collaborate with staff, parents, and various committees to involve children and youth in church life. Qualified candidates should submit a resume, cover letter describing your qualifications and interest in children's and youth ministries and at least 3 personal/professional references including contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
April 16, 2015
Church administrative assistant
Grace Lutheran Church
Durham, NC USA
Grace Lutheran Church, Durham, NC is seeking an experienced Administrative Assistant to support its ministerial staff and Church Office operations. This is a part-time hourly position averaging 25-29 hours per week, which does not offer benefits. The successful candidate will be self-motivated with professional demeanor and presence, positive attitude, strong work ethic, the ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality, and excellent verbal communication and inter-personal skills. He/she must possess strong organizational skills, proficiency in office procedures and methods to ensure work flow, knowledge of office computers and software (Microsoft Office Suite required; desktop publishing, Facebook and web page skills a plus). This person must be able to multi-task, be flexible in dealing with normal job routines, work as team member in a collaborative environment, and relate well to other church staff, congregants and visitors. Salary commensurate with experience.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter outlining their interest in the position and the gifts and skills they possess along with a resume and salary requirements. NO phone calls to the church, please. Applications will be accepted by email only and will be reviewed as received.
April 16, 2015
Browns Summit UMC
Brown Summit, North Carolina USA
Browns Summit UMC is looking for a musician to lead Sunday morning worship and lead Wednesday night choir rehearsals. The ideal candidate will be someone with a growing relationship with Jesus Christ, a teachable spirit, and strong knowledge in United Methodist hymnody as well as current contemporary worship trends.
Applicants may send their resumes to Pastor Amy Hutchison, email@example.com.
Pastor Amy Hutchison
April 14, 2015
Church of Reconciliation (Presbyterian, USA)
Chapel Hill, NC USA
SEEKING PART-TIME CHURCH EDUCATOR
The Church of Reconciliation seeks a part-time Church Educator for Children and Youth, beginning work in August 2015. We are a progressive, 280-member congregation in the PC(USA) tradition, located in Chapel Hill, North Carolina www.churchrec.org). We are seeking a creative, energetic Church Educator to work alongside our Ministries with Children and Youth Committee, our active, committed parents, and our Pastor, to develop vibrant faith and life experiences for the children and youth of our congregation, and to help us grow our ministries. We offer a supportive, collegial work environment with room to innovate. Primary areas of ministry: Sunday School, Worship Readiness and Participation, Children’s Church, Vacation Bible School, Confirmation, Youth Group, Mission Trip, Youth Retreats, and Community Outreach.
Qualifications: Strong Christian Education background (Master’s degree and 2-4 yrs. experience preferred).
Compensation: Competitive part-time salary, medical insurance, death and disability insurance, and a professional development allowance, 25 hrs/week, Sundays required.
Send resume and cover letter to: Church Educator Search Committee, Church of Reconciliation, 110 N. Elliott Rd., Chapel Hill, NC 27514. Resumes accepted from April 10 until June 15, 2015.
Mr. Craig Carlson, Chair
Church Educator Search Committee
Rev. J. Mark Davidson, Pastor
Church of Reconciliation
Mark Davidson, Pastor