April 17, 2015
Church, Administration, Church, Ministry
Director of Children and Families
The Riverside Church
New York, New York USA
In working towards forming a community centered on becoming “One Riverside,” the Director of Children and Families will oversee our ministry for welcoming youth into The Riverside Church while accompanying them along the path of discipleship. The Director of Children and Families will develop a vision for a vibrant ministry that extends beyond the walls of our building into our neighborhood of Harlem and actively engages laity, community partners, and volunteers in pursuit of that goal. He/She will provide support to our children and their families while creating pathways for them to experience belonging, nurture, and a relationship with God through Jesus Christ within our community.
Overall Job Responsibilities:
• Develop, implement and coordinate ministries and programs within the scope of Children and their Families including but not limited to: Family Fellowship opportunities, Advent Wreath Workshop, Pillar League (group for mothers), Summer Children’s Experiences, and Confirmation.
• Develop pathways for families to find places of fellowship, connection, and support at TRC
• Oversee the church nursery staff and volunteers ensuring that our childcare procedures and space meet all standards of excellence.
• Strategize and coordinate with the Education Ministry team to create a cohesive and coherent program for discipleship that spans all age groups.
• Maintain the proper coordination and working relationships with other church staff, lay leaders and co-workers in the ministry.
• Cultivate strategic partnerships with key community groups that have a stake in childhood development in our neighborhood
• Collaborate with Minister of Education to develop annual Children and Families budget.
• Recruit, train, and supervise CYF program staff and volunteers
Essential Job Responsibilities:
• Actively participates in the CF program, both in administrative and teaching capacities.
• Coordinates activities for children and their families that incorporates themes of fellowship, discipleship, spiritual disciplines, and social justice.
• Spearheads efforts to engage children in our neighborhood through programmatic, fellowship, mentoring, and discipleship opportunities.
• Coordinates activities with the Weekday School to offer joint/collaborative programming
• Directs strategic planning, development and implementation of Children and Families programs that meet the mission and vision of the Riverside Church.
• Encourages and strives for diversity among volunteers that celebrates differences of age, gender, race, ethnicity and sexual orientation in a dual denominational context.
• Works with Minister of Education to create and evaluate metrics to for gauging the efficacy of programming for children and their families
• Plans, leads and coordinates worship with staff responsible for worship services:
Integrating children in Sunday Worship in the Nave on a regular basis
Coordinating services in the Nave which focuses on the church school (e.g., Bible Sunday, Children’s Sabbath, Confirmation, Christmas Eve Service and Youth Sundays.)
Serving in worship leadership as assigned by the Senior Minister and Minister of Worship
• Oversees the selection of all programs, curricula and events to be used with children in consultation with the Minister of Education.
• Attends Education Commission meetings and staff meetings
• Oversees the coordination of all children’s events and activities, including but not limited to, scheduling room assignments, procuring necessary supplies, making travel arrangements, etc.
• Ministers to families of children and/or ensure that they receive pastoral support from other clergy/staff members. Identify and make referrals to appropriate staff for counseling and intervention as necessary.
• Perform all other duties as requested by the Minister of Education
Education / Experience Requirements:
1. Bachelor degree required, Masters Level training in an appropriate field preferred (M.Div, MAR, MSW, etc.)
2. Experience working with children in a multi-cultural and multi-racial setting
3. Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills with a demonstrated ability to interact in a collaborative manner with other ministries and staff.
4. A clear understanding of the theological position of the Riverside Church and its commitment to faith development and social justice in the tradition of the American Baptist Church and United Church of Christ
5. Experience in ‘open and affirming” ministry settings, preferably in a congregation with a multi-cultural and multi-racial membership.
6. Experience in administration, conflict resolution, developing budgets, controlling expenditures and supervising staff.
7. Ability to behave within the Staff Vision of The Riverside Church - “Love is our Aim and Mutual Respect our Pathway”.
April 16, 2015
Director of Children and Youth Ministries
St. Francis United Methodist Church
Charlotte, NC USA
St. Francis UMC is an inviting mid-size church seeking a Director of Children and Youth Ministries. Candidates should have an engaging personality with an ability to relate to both children and youth, while being an exemplary role model with strong Christian values. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, leading educational ministries for children and youth, planning and implementing children and youth programs that are fun and inviting for new and existing families/individuals, communicate regularly with children, youth, parents and entire congregation, plan and lead mission activities, including a summer mission trip, collaborate with staff, parents, and various committees to involve children and youth in church life. Qualified candidates should submit a resume, cover letter describing your qualifications and interest in children's and youth ministries and at least 3 personal/professional references including contact information to email@example.com.
April 16, 2015
Church administrative assistant
Grace Lutheran Church
Durham, NC USA
Grace Lutheran Church, Durham, NC is seeking an experienced Administrative Assistant to support its ministerial staff and Church Office operations. This is a part-time hourly position averaging 25-29 hours per week, which does not offer benefits. The successful candidate will be self-motivated with professional demeanor and presence, positive attitude, strong work ethic, the ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality, and excellent verbal communication and inter-personal skills. He/she must possess strong organizational skills, proficiency in office procedures and methods to ensure work flow, knowledge of office computers and software (Microsoft Office Suite required; desktop publishing, Facebook and web page skills a plus). This person must be able to multi-task, be flexible in dealing with normal job routines, work as team member in a collaborative environment, and relate well to other church staff, congregants and visitors. Salary commensurate with experience.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter outlining their interest in the position and the gifts and skills they possess along with a resume and salary requirements. NO phone calls to the church, please. Applications will be accepted by email only and will be reviewed as received.
April 16, 2015
Browns Summit UMC
Brown Summit, North Carolina USA
Browns Summit UMC is looking for a musician to lead Sunday morning worship and lead Wednesday night choir rehearsals. The ideal candidate will be someone with a growing relationship with Jesus Christ, a teachable spirit, and strong knowledge in United Methodist hymnody as well as current contemporary worship trends.
Applicants may send their resumes to Pastor Amy Hutchison, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pastor Amy Hutchison
April 14, 2015
Church of Reconciliation (Presbyterian, USA)
Chapel Hill, NC USA
SEEKING PART-TIME CHURCH EDUCATOR
The Church of Reconciliation seeks a part-time Church Educator for Children and Youth, beginning work in August 2015. We are a progressive, 280-member congregation in the PC(USA) tradition, located in Chapel Hill, North Carolina www.churchrec.org). We are seeking a creative, energetic Church Educator to work alongside our Ministries with Children and Youth Committee, our active, committed parents, and our Pastor, to develop vibrant faith and life experiences for the children and youth of our congregation, and to help us grow our ministries. We offer a supportive, collegial work environment with room to innovate. Primary areas of ministry: Sunday School, Worship Readiness and Participation, Children’s Church, Vacation Bible School, Confirmation, Youth Group, Mission Trip, Youth Retreats, and Community Outreach.
Qualifications: Strong Christian Education background (Master’s degree and 2-4 yrs. experience preferred).
Compensation: Competitive part-time salary, medical insurance, death and disability insurance, and a professional development allowance, 25 hrs/week, Sundays required.
Send resume and cover letter to: Church Educator Search Committee, Church of Reconciliation, 110 N. Elliott Rd., Chapel Hill, NC 27514. Resumes accepted from April 10 until June 15, 2015.
Mr. Craig Carlson, Chair
Church Educator Search Committee
Rev. J. Mark Davidson, Pastor
Church of Reconciliation
Mark Davidson, Pastor
April 13, 2015
Church, Administration, Church, Ministry
Bayshore Baptist Church
Tampa, FL USA
Bayshore Baptist Church (Tampa, FL) is seeking a Youth Minister. We are a moderate, Baptist fellowship aligned with the CBF at the Florida and National levels. Ministerial applicants must have good preaching skills, and be loyal to Christian doctrine, discipline and worship. Our preferred credentials include a degree from an accredited seminary, school of theology, or divinity school and a some experience serving as a Youth Minister while a student. Ideal strengths in relating to young people and their parents are highly desired. He/she should possess strong organizational skills and support the 1963 Baptist Faith and Message.
Ministerial applicants should submit:
(i) a resume,
(ii) a list of at least five professional references,
(iii) a statement describing the candidate’s philosophy of ministry, and
(iv) preferred contact information to BayshoreBaptist@gmail.com or Bayshore Baptist Church, Youth Minister Search Committee, 3111 W. Morrison Ave., Tampa, FL 33629.
Katherine Miller - Youth Minister Search Committee Chair
April 13, 2015
Coordinator of Children's Education
Second Presbyterian Church
Indianapolis, Indiana USA
Second Presbyterian Church of Indianapolis, Indiana seeks to hire a Coordinator of Children’s Education to meet the needs of our congregation.
Second Presbyterian Church is a welcoming community of faith where Jesus Christ transforms lives through: Worship, as we praise God; Mission, as we embody God’s love in service to the world; Discipleship, as we listen for God’s Word; Giving, as we express gratitude to God; Fellowship, as we love and care for one another.
Situated on the north side of Indianapolis, Second Presbyterian church is home to more than 4,000 members. Our city offers an affordable cost of living, a broad array of educational choices for school aged children and a vibrant technology sector with a wide variety of business opportunities. Cultural opportunities are available in many of the vibrant neighborhoods and include world-class museums, public and private colleges and universities, and occasions to explore music, art and drama. Indianapolis is home to professional and semi-professional athletic teams and the National Collegiate Athletic Association. Commonly referred to as the “Crossroads of America,” Indianapolis is conveniently close to many major Midwest cities for business and leisure travel.
Our Children and Family Ministry is led by the Associate Pastor for Children and Family Ministry and served by many dedicated and faithful volunteers. We seek a Christian Educator to joyfully work with our ministry team to develop, lead and teach the educational ministry to our children, infants to fifth graders, and their families. Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, statement of faith and references to CEsearch@secondchurch.org or to Christian Educator Search Committee, Second Presbyterian Church, 7700 North Meridian Street, Indianapolis, IN 46260.
• Develops an overall plan of Christian Nurture for infants through fifth graders and their families
• Provides for curriculum, which supports overall goals
• Provides for training of staff and volunteers
• Provides for communication to parents and the congregation regarding ministry events, as well as faith formation and Christian nurture resources
• Provides direct supervision for Sunday morning and Wednesday evening programs and children's special events
• Supervises volunteer and paid staff for children's educational programming
• Participates in weekly meetings with Children's Ministry Staff, weekly meetings with Church staff and monthly meetings of Ministry Teams
• Coordinates ministries with Choir School and other church departments
The Coordinator of Children's Education is accountable to the Session of Second Presbyterian Church through the Personnel Committee of Second Presbyterian Church and is supervised by the Associate Pastor of Children and Family Ministry.
Personal & Professional Qualifications
• Holds and demonstrates Christian faith and values
• Demonstrates welcoming, engaging presence with children and families
• Demonstrates mastery in classroom instruction in guidance of faith formation
• Demonstrates skill in verbal and written communication
• Holds a Masters Degree in Christian Education or Early Childhood Education
• OR Holds a BA in Early Childhood Education and is a Certified Christian Educator
• Has 3 - 5 years of experience as a Christian Educator
• Has 3 - 5 years of Early Childhood and/or Elementary teaching experience
April 10, 2015
The Community Church of Chapel Hill, Unitarian Universalist
Chapel Hill, North Carolina USA
The Community Church of Chapel Hill, Unitarian Universalist, is seeking to hire a Membership Director. This staff position is responsible for helping those who are new to the congregation feel welcome and become connected as well as helping established members to deepen their connections with the church. Our ideal candidate has a warm and welcoming personality, strong written and verbal communication skills, and excellent organizational skills. This is a part-time position (15-20 hours/week) with the opportunity to increase hours as the church grows.
April 09, 2015
Heritage Baptist Church
Annapolis, Maryland USA
Heritage Baptist Church in Annapolis, MD, is seeking a lead pastor. We are a diverse Christian faith community of average size that has participated in both the Cooperative Baptist Fellowship and the Southern Baptist Convention. HBC has been in service to the Lord for over 100 years. We have recently undergone a strategic realignment study and are poised for additional growth.
Our ideal candidate will be a person of character with a shepherd’s heart, strong leadership and organizational abilities capable of leading us in the development of a multi-generational, multi-cultural ministry. We are seeking someone with skills in expository preaching and in implementing outreach and mission programs.
Candidates should have previous ministerial experience and a seminary degree.
We encourage interested candidates to contact us via email (email@example.com) or US mail (1740 Forest Drive, Annapolis, MD 21401, Attn: Pastor Search Committee, Lea Hurt).
Lea Hurt (Chair Pastor Search committee
April 09, 2015
Pastor of Family Students and Kids
Roscommon, Michigan USA
Markey Church is looking to partner with a high capacity individual that can lead all of our efforts in ministry with families, students and kids. This person will cast vision, train and lead volunteers and implement a holistic discipleship and outreach initiative under the Mission, Vision and Strategy of Markey Church. The Pastor of FSK will work directly with the Lead Pastor, but will be highly self-motivated and expected to run with all areas of ministry development under their supervision.
The Pastor of Family, Students & Kids (FSK) will provide strategic vision, leadership and oversight to Markey Church in all of our efforts to minister to families, students and kids in Roscommon County. Working with the Director of Kids Ministry, key volunteer leaders and the Lead Pastor, the Pastor of FSK will create and implement a holistic and comprehensive plan for discipleship and outreach among the families, students and kids that are part of Markey Church.
More information available on the Markey Church website, markeychurch.org