March 02, 2015
Highland Presbyterian Church
Fayetteville, NC US
The Office for Youth Ministry of Highland Presbyterian Church has an opening for a full-time Director of Youth Ministry Services. This opening is to fill a vacant position.
Highland Presbyterian Church has been serving the people of Fayetteville, NC and FortBragg for more than 100 years. An established church with ministry outreach to the surrounding communities and the triangle; we are looking for a strong leader to plan and lead the next generation of our church.
GENERAL SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL PURPOSE:
The Director is to be a person of strong faith and a deep love for Jesus Christ and His church. This person is to be supportive of the Senior Minister’s vision and should have a knowledgeable understanding of the various ministries of the church and see the value of a team approach to all aspects of ministry. This person will be responsible for the overall Youth Ministry Program to include Youth Sunday School and Youth Fellowship on Sunday evenings as well as midweek Bible studies and activities. The Director of Youth Ministries will be a part of a larger team that seeks to incorporate various aspects of the total church ministry in a purposeful and missional way. A love of people, a caring nature, a positive outlook, and the ability to motivate others is essential.
ESSENTIAL POSITION DUTIES:
1. Have general oversight of ministry to Middle and High School Youth.
2. Develop, train and equip a team of Youth Leaders who will join in planning and leading youth ministry.
3. Use of the recreation center in church programming.
4. Provide leadership in worship services on occasion.
5. Along with the Director of Program and Mission Outreach, Director of Music Ministries, and other staff as needed, coordinate youth activities with the total ministry of the church.
6. Plan with Youth Committee the annual Youth Sunday, Graduation Sunday, fundraisers, mission trips, retreats, summer camp experiences, etc.
7. Participate in staff meetings and staff retreats in goal-setting process.
8. Develop contact system to reach youth and families of all ages.
9. Oversee Sunday School – curriculum selection, teachers, recruitment, overall support, etc.
10. Research curriculum and resource the Youth Ministry Team.
11. Help guide youth in their faith journey.
12. As outreach attends extracurricular activities of youth.
a. Willingness and ability to support the mission of Highland Presbyterian Church.
b. The desire to use talents and gifts to further the youth ministry of HPC in the community.
c. Be of good standing within home church and have an established faith in Jesus Christ.
d. Possess a heart for youth, young adults and families.
a. Bachelor’s Degree with emphasis in religion, communications, or management.
Seminary experience or M. Div preferred.
a. 3- 5 years general ministry experience.
b. Demonstrated successful leadership/management experience to include staff supervision, program management and budget management.
c. Knowledge and experience in retreat planning and hosting, event planning and leadership development for youth.
d. Experience in leading committees, volunteers and leadership teams.
4. Other Elements:
a. Excellent communications skills.
b. Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Microsoft Office, Publisher, Photoshop, and website maintenance.
c. Success in utlizing social networking such as Facebook and Isntagram for ministry purposes.
e. Ability to work on weekends and some evenings. Ability to attend all retreats, lock-ins, camps, and mission trips with the youth.
Competitive salary and excellent benefits. To apply for this job, please email your resume and cover letter along with references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Career Level Required
Experience Required 1+ to 2 Years
Education Required Bachelor's Degree
Job Type Employee
Job Status Full Time
March 02, 2015
First United Methodist Church
Graham, NC USA
The Director reports directly to the Senior Pastor and will be directly responsible for:
1. Overseeing the youth ministry of FUMC Graham and directing the implementation of its mission and vision.
2. Assisting in the implementation of a restructuring plan for the youth ministry in conjunction with the Renovation Team and adult volunteers.
3. Spiritually preparing the youth of FUMC Graham for challenges ahead in young adulthood and nurturing in those youth a sense of clear Christian identity through an understanding of God-given gifts and talents.
Youth Search Team
March 02, 2015
Stokesdale Christian Church (DOC)
Stokesdale, NC USA
Stokesdale Christian Church (DOC) is searching for a Youth Director. This person shall be someone who will engage the youth of the congregation in such a way that they will know they are a vital part of the congregation. This person shall also meet with the youth once a week on an evening to be decided by the candidate and the Search Committee. Other duties will include working with our Educational Ministry Team to plan, organize, and implement a yearly VBS that will include the youth of the community; encourage the youth to attend summer camp at Christmount Christian Assembly in Black Mountain, NC; as well as plan, organize, and implement several outings during the year for the youth. This is a part-time ministry position that preferably lasts throughout the calendar year.
March 02, 2015
Associate Minister: Families and Congregational Care
Second Baptist Church
Memphis, TN USA
Second Baptist Church in Memphis (TN) is seeking an individual to fill the newly formed position of Associate Minister: Families and Congregational Care. This position requires one to possess an awareness of and sensitivity to all ages in the life of the church with particular emphasis on deepening spiritual formation in children, youth, and their families as well as to share in pastoral care and outreach.
Send letters of interest and resumes by March 15, 2015 to:
John N. Avis, Search Committee Chair,
4680 Walnut Grove Rd.
Memphis, TN 38117
March 02, 2015
Glen Lake Camp and Retreat Center
Glen Rose, Texas USA
The Program Director seeks to lead and serve as a faithful part of God’s work in and through the Ministry of Glen Lake. The Program Director serves on a ministry team dedicated and committed to a team approach to the ministry entrusted to us.
The Program Director seeks to provide expertise in the field of Christian Education and camp ministry. The Program Director leads a team of dedicated persons in order to provide safe, fun, and Christ- centered camp experiences.
DUTIES (INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO):
Develop, plan, organize and implement effective summer camps
Evaluate existing programs and recommend additions or deletions as needed
Partner with the Central Texas Conference of the UMC to provide programming
Review and update summer staff job descriptions annually
Recruit, interview and participate in the hiring of summer staff
Plan and implement a summer staff training program
Effectively lead, supervise and mentor a team of approximately 45-75 summer staff
Evaluate summer staff and jointly develop improvement plans when necessary
Serve as an appropriate role model for children and young adults
Host retreat groups as required, seeking to make all feel welcome and meet their camp-related needs
Involved in the ongoing marketing and promotion of both the camp and retreat ministries
Contribute ideas and verbiage to newsletters and promotional pieces
An active and growing faith in Jesus Christ, with a heart for ministry and a passion for helping others grow in their personal walk with the Lord
Integrity, consistent work ethic, and a proven success in leadership at a Christian camp or similar organization
Interpersonal communication and organizational skills
A team-oriented servant attitude and the ability to relate well with others
Creativity and high energy particularly when preparing and implementing camp programs
The ability to handle conflict in a respectful and professional manner
A bachelors degree
A Master’s degree in Christian Education
2-5 years in a manager/director position in Christian camping
Paid Time Off – detailed in Employee Policy and Procedure Manual
Major medical coverage for the employee
Matching pension benefits available after one year of employment
On-site housing with basic utilities included (water, electric, and gas)
The Program Director will adhere to the principles of confidentiality concerning the business of this ministry.
March 01, 2015
Contemporary Worship Leader
Millbrook United Methodist Church
Raleigh, NC, North Carolina USA
Contemporary Worship Leader
Millbrook United Methodist Church, a vibrant Christ-centered and mission-oriented congregation in Raleigh, North Carolina is seeking an energetic and passionate part-time Contemporary Worship Leader. (15-20 hours per week/ non-exempt) The leader will plan and coordinate all music modalities, song selection, dance, audiovisual aids and technical requirements for a 9:45 a.m. Sunday Contemporary worship service. Worship Leader would be responsible to recruit, audition, rehearse, train and direct a volunteer team of musicians, volunteer A-V equipment operators, and singers in a welcoming manner. A qualified candidate will have
A deep love of God as demonstrated by living a life of joy, integrity, prayer, spiritual strength, trustworthiness, patience, and kindness.
Be knowledgeable and enthusiastic about music with the ability to sing, play a lead instrument in the Praise Band as a preference but not necessarily a requirement.
Have a speaking style that engages the congregation.
Understand and support the Methodist doctrine.
Skills in conceptualizing, organizing, and leading a weekly 60 minute worship service incorporating music, video, dramatic arts, sound, stage lighting.
For a full job description, please email Kathy Scott, at Kathycares@bellsouth.net. To apply, send your resume to email@example.com. The deadline to apply is April 10, 2015.
February 25, 2015
Campus Worship Leader | The Summit Church
The Summit Church
Durham, NC USA
The vision of Summit Worship is to call our church, our city, and our world to behold the Lamb of God, and to do so by faithfully pastoring the local church, producing resources for the global church, and equipping leaders. A Summit Worship Leader strives to create more and better worshippers of Jesus by embodying and executing Summit Worship DNA; leads congregation and volunteer teams in worship by example.
+ Pastor the local church at weekly worship gatherings (40-46 annually)
- Prayerfully personalizing and executing weekly worship plans
- Coordinating details with pastoral and production staff
- Identifying and developing volunteer team and lay leadership participation
+ Pastoring the campus worship team
- Supporting the vision and leadership of the campus pastor
- Coaching appropriate preparations for weekly worship gatherings
- Shepherding and developing individual volunteers
- Identifying and developing potential worship leaders
- Recruiting and auditioning prospective team members
+ Support and contribute to the Summit Worship team
- Worship Planning
- Planning and executing Summit Worship events
- Leading worship for special events
- Actively contributing to Summit Worship projects
+ Any and all other tasks necessary to accomplish the vision and mission of the Summit Church as assigned by supervisor.
+ Knowledge of Scripture and worship theology
+ Basic knowledge of music theory and practice
+ Pastoral aptitude
+ Management ability
+ Leadership development
+ Vision casting
Email Ryan Doherty and Apply Here:
February 23, 2015
Youth Ministry Summer Intern
Bradenton, Florida USA
We are looking for a person to serve as a Summer Intern in Youth Ministry. The Youth Ministry Intern would have responsibility for working alongside the youth minister in the overall leadership and ministry with youth through Harvest. Any applicants should be self-motivated, innovative people with a deep personal faith, a desire to explore a call to youth or children's ministry in the United Methodist Church, and a calling for working with youth and their families. Both internships have a salary and benefits: $4,000 for a 12 week internship (10 weeks negotiable). Housing with a family in the church. Reimbursement for mileage accrued in the course of ministry at the IRS rate.
February 23, 2015
Religious Studies Teacher
School of the Holy Child
Rye, New York USA
School of the Holy Child, located in Rye, NY, seeks a talented and dynamic Religious Studies teacher for the 2015-2016 school year. Holy Child is most interested in candidates who wish to teach in both the Middle and Upper Schools, but will consider candidates whose primary interest may be in one division or the other. The candidate should have deep content knowledge, preferably in the areas of the New Testament and Church History, and be thoroughly comfortable working with technology. Additional responsibilities may include advising and a portion of our Campus Ministry responsibilities. Ideal candidates will have a Master’s degree and at least three years of teaching experience, preferably in a Catholic, independent school environment. Candidates should send a cover letter, resume and list of three references to firstname.lastname@example.org and should reference the job title in the subject line of the email. No phone calls please.
February 23, 2015
Minister of Children
Tabernacle Baptist Church
Raleigh, NC USA
Tabernacle Baptist Church, 8304 Leesville Road, Raleigh, NC, seeks a person to serve as Children’s Minister at a time level of 15- 20 hours weekly. Salary will be in accordance with experience. Submit a resume and cover letter to: David Pontz and Bill Casteen, Co-Chairs of Personnel Committee, email@example.com.
Minister of Children
The Minister of Children is a part time position, who performs under the direction and supervision of the Pastor. The Minister of Children will be primarily responsible for the ministries of the children of Tabernacle Baptist Church. The Minister of Children shall have appropriate educational and/or work experience. This position will support the total church programs and is accountable for working toward the stated Vision and Goals of Tabernacle Baptist Church.
1. Provide opportunities for spiritual growth of all children through grade 5 by planning, administering and evaluating programs of education, training and ministries. These programs will effectively integrate and support the programs and activities of the church.
2. Be the Sunday morning greeter for children and families involved in the Children's program.
3. Assist in motivating and training church members/parents to work with the children's programs.
4. Serve as an advisor to the Children's Council and staff contact for Children's Sunday School teachers (check on supplies, materials, equipment needs, etc.).
5. In conjunction with the Tabernacle Learning Center Director, and Tabernacle Learning Center Committee develop and evaluate a unified ministry to preschoolers.
6. Plan, coordinate and attend functions for children (e.g. Fall Festival, Eggstravaganza, etc.).
7. Attend or have representation at Church Council.
8. Serve as the representative for the Children's Programs of Tabernacle Baptist in and outside the church walls.
9. Perform other duties as may be assigned by the Pastor.
10.Cooperate as a team member with the Church Staff and other Church members
David Pontz and Bill Casteen