February 28, 2014
Children’s Ministry Director & Youth Ministry Director
Anderson, SC USA
Trinity is well-known and highly respected for two successful programs that many families from the community participate in. Over 200 volunteers participate in the annual Journey to Resurrection, an interactive walking tour presenting the Gospel through compelling dramatic vignettes. Over 1000 community members visit this event each year. The church is also known as the “pumpkin patch church.” Youth, adults, and senior adults support this fundraiser creating a memorable, intergenerational experie nce each year.
Trinity is a warm, service-oriented, healthy and growing church. Other strengths of the church include a new contemporary worship service, a welcoming environment, dedicated volunteers, great Wednesday programs, a strong pre-school and longevity of staff. Trinity boasts a small-church-feel but it is large enough to have lots of folks involved.
The church is searching for a full-time Children’s Ministry Director who will lead the Children’s Ministry Team in creating, developing, implementing and maintaining on ongoing ministry for children, birth through 5th grade. The full-time Youth Ministry Director will lead the Youth Ministry Team in overseeing programs for youth in grades 6 – 12. Both positions will work with and alongside church employees, children and youth ministry volunteers, and report to the Director of Family Ministries.
Qualifications for each position include:
- 3-5 years of experience in children’s or youth ministry or other educational environment
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Strong grounding in the Christian faith, the stories of the Bible and how they directly relate to challenges faced by today’s youth
- Proven leadership and management skills including the recruitment of volunteers
- Teaching and training experience
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Ability to manage a multi-faceted ministry
- Relationally-gifted, servant-minded, and Christ-centered
/* Style Definitions */
mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;
font-family:"Times New Roman","serif";}
Please submit applications and resume via email with attention to Kathryn Burriss or via mail at Trinity UMC, 1809 N. Main St, Anderson, SC, 29621, Attention: Kathryn Burriss.
February 28, 2014
Minister of Youth Discipleship
Good Shepherd United Methodist Church
Henrico, VA United States
Good Shepherd United Methodist Church (GSUMC), located in Henrico County (a suburb of Richmond, Virginia), is seeking a passionate individual with strong Christian values to lead and develop the Christian discipleship programs for the GSUMC youth (grades 6-12) in the role of Minister of Youth Discipleship. The successful candidate must have strong organizational and leadership skills, a mature vision for mission/outreach, and a passion for mentoring youth. It is expected that the selected candidate will have the demonstrated ability to provide direction and oversight to further the long term vision for the Good Shepherd youth ministry.
The Minister of Youth Discipleship will maintain current Youth Ministry programs (which include Sunday night youth group, small group, mission/outreach opportunities, spiritual retreats, and socials) and develop further programming as desired.
All interested applicants should submit their resume, references and cover letter via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes may also be submitted via regular mail to Good Shepherd UMC, 9155 Hungary Road, Henrico, VA 23294 Attn: SPR-Minister of Youth Discipleship
February 26, 2014
Associate Worship Leader
Harvest United Methodist Church
Lakewood Ranch, Florida USA
Harvest United Methodist Church, a dynamic, multi-generational church in Lakewood Ranch, Florida is looking to hire a gifted vocalist with a deep faith to assist in worship leadership. Responsibilities include planning and leading music for our weekly sixfortyeight acoustic service on Thursday evenings as well as singing and assisting in leadership of the Harvest Praise Band for our 10:30am weekly service on Sundays. For the right candidate, the opportunity to lead our youth praise band and prepare them to lead music weekly in our Sunday evening youth worship is also available. Interested parties should send resume to Charlotte Wright via email.
February 26, 2014
Director Youth Ministries
Shandon United Methodist Church
Columbia, SC USA
Director Youth Ministries. Passion/calling for youth ministry is critical. Full-time with benefits. Bachelor's degree, Youth Certification/Christian Education, and 3-5 years relevant experience preferred. Large urban church with an established multidimensional youth ministry (Bible studies, UMYF, mission projects, day camp, Sunday school, trips/retreats, etc.). Salary commensurate with experience. E-mail resume to email@example.com or mail to Shandon United Methodist Church SPRC, 3407 Devine St., Columbia, SC 29205.
February 26, 2014
Campus Minister - FSU Wesley Foundation
Florida State University Wesley Foundation, Florida Annual Conference
Tallahassee, FL United States
The FSU Wesley Foundation at Florida State University is seeking outstanding candidates for the position of Campus Minister.
FSU Wesley is one the largest, most dynamic campus ministries in the country, involving 600 students in a wide variety of programs and ministries. FSU Wesley averages over 400 students in worship and 200 students in family groups. Over 100 students are active in local, national and international missions, including a long-term partnership in Guatemala and a significant ministry presence in a local housing project, involving 50 Wesley students and 50 local children. Over 75 students are in leadership at FSU Wesley, including a residential program serving as the foundation of the day-to-day ministry. Dozens of students serve as camp staff at Warren Willis Camp each summer and 18 recent alumni are currently enrolled in seminary.
The Campus Minister will lead a large program and administrative staff, a student leadership team, and an active Board of Directors. She or he will be responsible for operational and administrative oversight of FSU Wesley, pastoral and programmatic ministry with students, communications and fundraising among supporters, and connectional relationships within the Florida Annual Conference.
A significant experience awaiting the next Campus Minister will be the transition out of aged facilities (that must be demolished) and into new proposed facilities by 2018. A strategic plan for the facilities is being implemented by the Florida Annual Conference and the Campus Minister will exercise a critical and necessary role in that process.
The Campus Minister will be an employee of the Florida Conference and report to the Executive Director of Higher Education and Campus Ministry. A Master of Divinity degree and ordination as an Elder in The United Methodist Church is required. Five or more years of experience in campus ministry, young adult ministry, and/or a large, dynamic local church ministry is preferred.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, including a list of references and salary expectations via e-mail. EOE. Questions may be directed to Rev. David Fuquay at the same email address, or by calling 863-688-5563, ext. 189. The position is open until filled. Responsibilities begin July 1, 2014.
Rev. David Fuquay
(863) 688-5563 ext 189
February 25, 2014
Director of Youth Ministries
First United Methodist Church
Normal, IL United States
The First United Methodist Church of Normal is located in the heart of the Illinois State University campus. FUMC is a large, active church with close ties to the campus community as well as the community of Bloomington-Normal and the surrounding areas. FUMC is currently seeking a full-time Director of Youth Ministries. This position is responsible for developing, implementing and evaluating ministry and fellowship programs for youth in grades 6 through 12. The Director of Youth Ministries collaborates with other program and educational staff and volunteers to provide a variety of programs to meet the needs of the church youth. Successful candidates will possess a college degree and have prior experience in youth ministry. A full job description is available upon request; email firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants should send a letter of interest, copy of their resume and a list of references to Rev. Dr. Don Jackson, First United Methodist Church, 211 N. School St., Normal, IL 61761.
February 24, 2014
Church, Ministry, Counseling
First Baptist Church
Chase City, Virginia United States
Senior pastor to lead an aging church in the ministry. Prefer traditional service but open to combination contemporary. Visiting a high priority for aging congregation but would also like to expand ministry to community to grow younger congregation
February 24, 2014
Minister with Students
First Baptist Church
Asheville, North Carolina United States
MINISTER WITH STUDENTS
(7th Grade-College Students and 20-somethings)
Principal Function: The Minister with Students is responsible for giving leadership to the church’s ministry of nurture and faith development for students and twentysomething adults. Such leadership involves planning, coordination, and evaluation of the church’s ministry to and with youth and also involves pastoral care for young people and their families.
1. Plan, coordinate, and evaluate the church’s ministries to and with 7th-Grade-College students and their families, as well as twentysomething adults. Current programs and initiatives for students include Bible Study, Sunday evening experiences of nurture and worship, Wednesday evening experiences of discipleship, retreats, camps, hands-on mission/ministry opportunities, and “Trail-Marks.”
2. Nurture and develop youth volunteer leaders to create a climate in which young people will be encouraged and prepared to confess Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior before high school graduation.
3. Provide coordination of a regular program of outreach and ministry to students and their families.
4. Nurture and develop the Youth Ministry Team (Adults) and the Student Leadership Team (Youth) to offer ministries that nurture youth toward Christian maturity through Bible study, leadership development, mission involvement, and recreation.
5. Provide guidance for, and participate with, leaders of youth and college program organizations in the enlistment, training, support, and guidance of volunteer leaders and counselors.
6. Lead in the planning and conducting of special ministries, activities and programs, including but not limited to Youth-led Worship, retreats, seminars, camps, fellowships, banquets, and missions involvement.
7. Coordinate a variety of learning and growth experiences for the families of students on topics relevant to healthy relationships and family life.
8. Coordinate Student and Twentysomething Ministries with other ministries and ministers, with appropriate Councils, Teams, and Committees, and, especially, where Student Music Ministry is concerned, with the Minister of Music.
9. Lead in the development of comprehensive ministries to and with twentysomething adults.
10. Be available to the church’s students and twentysomething adults as a personal counselor and trusted friend.
11. Lead ongoing evaluation of, and facilitate needed changes in, ministries with students and twentysomething adults, including not limited to, organization, space, equipment, furnishings, and policies and procedures.
12. Serve as staff liaison to the Fellowship and Involvement Council and provide guidance and support for its ministries of recreational and church-wide fellowship opportunities (Current examples: Church Picnic, recreational groups/Zumba and Tai Chi, athletic leagues and intramural basketball leagues).
13. Prepare and administer, in collaboration with responsible Councils, Teams, and Committees, appropriate ministry budgets.
14. Along with the other members of the ministerial staff, participate in worship planning and leadership.
15. Provide support and direction to appropriate Councils, Teams, and Committees standing committees as assigned by the Coordinating Pastor. Work on other projects as assigned by the Coordinating Pastor.
16. Participate in efforts to reach and develop new members and leaders and in regular hospital and crisis care, especially as it relates with Students, their families, youth ministry leaders, and twentysomething adults.
The Minister with Students is immediately responsible to the Coordinating Pastor, then to the Pastor, and ultimately to the church through the Personnel Committee. All staff ministers affirm and live by the “Covenant of the Ministerial Staff.”
Instructions for Applicants.
Applicants should send résumés to ministry assistant Greg Feightner via email. Résumés should be attached in a PDF format and a cover letter may be included in the body of the email.
Please use the Subject line: MWSS-LastName. Email submissions are preferred.
Applicants may send their resume by postal mail to Greg Feightner, First Baptist Church Asheville, 5 Oak St, Asheville, NC 28801
Resumes will be accepted until position is filled.
February 19, 2014
Director of Youth and Children's Ministries
Ashton United Methodist Church
Ashton, MD USA
Ashton United Methodist Church seeks a Youth and Children's Director to nurture our established youth ministry and develop a children's ministry for our growing congregation. This is a full time position. A church owned-parsonage located adjacent to the church grounds is part of the compensation package.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS FOR THE POSITION
* The Youth and Children’s Director (YCD) needs to have a dedication to both youth and children’s ministry, a strong personal faith, a growing relationship with God, and must model a Christ-centered life.
*The YCD needs to have a caring and dynamic personality. He/she needs to have demonstrated experience in establishing strong relationships with young people and the ability to create engaging models of ministry for age groups ranging from infants through college students.
*The YCD should be an effective teacher and communicator.
*The YCD needs to have strong organizational and team building skills.
All inquiries should be directed to Ed Loane, Staff-Parish Relations Chairperson via email.
February 19, 2014
Hope Creek Church
Durham, NC United States
Hope Creek Church is a modern nondenominational church seeking to love God, love each other, and love our world. Our worship is influenced by groups like Hillsong United, Jesus culture, Chris Tomlin, etc… We are seeking a Worship Director.
The Worship Director reports to the Lead Pastor of Hope Creek Church and is responsible for leading the congregation in worship, training and shepherding volunteers in the worship ministry of Hope Creek and overseeing the worship portion of the services. Additionally this position is responsible for the visual and musical aspects of the church service overseeing the key components for the overall feel, aesthetics, and health of the church.
Desired Skill Set
• Ability to plan, organize, and connect varying spiritual and creative themes.
• Attention to detail.
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Self directed in work, proactive in requesting information and following up on schedules and projects, with an ability to connect events and foresee potential issues.
• Ability to focus on and complete routine tasks reliably and to a high standard.
• Possess a caring and positive attitude and high integrity.
• Lead set up and breakdown team and process.
• Select worship music sets in coordination with message and service elements.
• Arrange and chart all musical elements for services
• Update Planning Center Online with all relevant media and notes to be available 10 days prior to each service.
• Schedule all vocalists and musicians
• Lead at least one midweek rehearsal and Sunday morning rehearsals with vocalists, band, and tech team members.
• Supervise technical production and communication
• Develop additional worship leaders
Basic Personal Responsibilities
• Fulfill the character qualifications of an Elder as taught in the Scriptures.
• Philosophical alignment with Church leadership.
• Demonstrate musical skill and theological discernment.
• Possess pastoral influence, verbal communication skills, and cultural awareness.
• Passionate about casting vision and developing leaders.
• Maintain vibrant personal relationship with Jesus.