June 11, 2015
Duke Youth Academy Mentor
Duke Youth Academy for Christian Formation/Duke Divinity School
Durham, North Carolina United States
Are you interested in learning how to approach youth ministry in a richly theological and practical way? Serve on the staff of the Duke Youth Academy for Christian Formation (DYA), a program for high school students at Duke Divinity School. Staff members serve during residency from June 14-20, 2015 and continue mentoring students for year as they integrate what they learn in their congregations and communities (5 hours/month through July 2016). Apply today!
June 08, 2015
Student U Middle School Teacher
Durham , North Carolina United States
Student U is a year-long commitment. Student U teachers work full-time in the summer, creating lesson plans, teaching their own classes, and working collaboratively with other teachers to engage and inspire students to gain academic skills and take ownership over their own education. During the academic school year, we ask Student U teachers to commit to tutoring once a week in our daily after-school program. Teachers are compensated for their work, and they're also partnered with mentor teachers who provide them with plenty of support throughout the summer. The final deadline to apply to be a Middle School Summer Teacher is January 30, 2015. Applications are available on our website.
May 28, 2015
Church of the Servant, Episcopal
Wilmington, NC USA
Church of the Servant, Wilmington, NC is searching for an Assistant Rector to begin in August of 2015. We see an ordained priest or transitional deacon from the Episcopal or Lutheran traditions, with an interest in using and developing skills in broad parish ministry in a progressive, lively, growing congregation.
Rev. Catherine Powell
910 395 0616
May 28, 2015
Director of Youth Ministries
First United Methodist Church
Montgomery, AL USA
First United Methodist Church (www.fumcmontgomery.org) of Montgomery, Alabama, is searching for a full-time Director of Youth Ministries to oversee the junior and senior high youth ministry. Worship is the heart of the identity of this beautiful church, which has two traditional worship services averaging 1,200 attendees.
Currently, there are 50-75 youth participating in youth programs with the potential for growth. A spark of excitement has become contagious, as First United Methodist Church has committed to put sustainable structures in place for the youth ministry and has active adult volunteers serving the youth. This program needs a creative leader who is ready to lead the youth program and mentor youth interns into the ministry. The main responsibilities are the following:
• Lead the youth: The Director of Youth Ministries will seek, build, and strengthen relationships with the youth, their families, the youth staff, and adult volunteers, as well as, enable relationships to be built between the youth and youth volunteers. The Director of Youth Ministries will nurture these relationships to ensure the youth are growing in their journey of becoming disciples of Jesus Christ.
• Manage the youth processes: The Director of Youth Ministries will recruit, equip, and build teams of youth ministry leaders and volunteers. The Director of Youth Ministries will oversee all youth programming to ensure events bring an atmosphere of belonging and fellowship that will support the development of spiritual discipleship.
• Preferred five years of experience in leading a youth ministry program
• Bachelor’s degree
• Ability to serve as a spiritual role model by demonstrating a commitment to Christian spiritual practices and by articulating a personal faith journey
• Ability to lead a team with a positive spirit that supports the mission, vision, and core values of First United Methodist of Montgomery
• Ability to lead people and manage processes effectively in short-term planning and especially in long-range planning
• Alignment with the beliefs and practices of the United Methodist Church
For more detailed information and to submit a resume, please contact Teresa Sippel at firstname.lastname@example.org.
May 28, 2015
Assistant Rector, St. Mary's Episcopal Church
St. Mary's Episcopal Church
Richmond, VA USA
St. Mary’s Episcopal Church, a large parish in Goochland County, Virginia, seeks an Assistant Rector who will focus on enriching and expanding St. Mary’s ministries to young adults (ages 25-45+), including those who are single, married, with children, and childless. The Assistant Rector will also work with the Director of Children & Youth Ministries and will assist the Rector and Associate Rector with other aspects of fellowship, liturgy, pastoral care, preaching, and outreach.
The Assistant should be ordained as a priest or a transitional deacon in the Episcopal Church. He or she should be collaborative, creative, discerning, energetic, organized, and outgoing, both respectful of tradition and willing to embrace transition. He or she should be an excellent communicator, a skilled listener, and an engaging preacher and teacher. He or she should be grounded firmly in the worship and liturgy of the Episcopal Church and committed to his or her own spiritual practices and well-being.
St. Mary’s, which began as a 19th century mission to local coal miners and farmers, straddles the suburban western metropolitan area of Richmond and rural Goochland County. Because of its location and history, St. Mary’s is uniquely situated to address the needs of both communities and has experienced significant growth and expansion over the past 25 years. St. Mary’s is now a healthy, program-sized parish with significant potential for further growth in size and commitment, yet it seeks to nurture its identity as a friendly and welcoming parish that is rooted in its community and Christ Jesus our Lord.
If you would like to participate in the search for Assistant Rector, please send us your name, address, email address, and telephone number; a current resume and updated OTM profile; and a cover letter that briefly tells us about you and why you might be the right person to serve as Assistant Rector at St. Mary’s to Lori Smiley, Assistant to the Rector and Parish Secretary, at email@example.com.
Find out more about us at www.stmarysgoochland.org and on www.facebook.com/St.MarysGoochland.
Louise (Weezie) Browner Blanchard
May 28, 2015
Church, Administration, Church, Ministry, Education, Missions
Summer Intern - Spend the Summer Helping a Church Plant in Raleigh, NC
Brier Creek Fellowship
Raleigh, NC United States
Brier Creek Fellowship is a new church in the northwest side of Raleigh. We are non-denominational, with a focus on building strong relationships within the body of Christ.
We are looking for a Bible-college student or seminarian to work with us for the summer, approximately 20-30 hours per week. They will be given wide areas of responsibility commensurate with their talents, interest and calling. Every effort will be made to develop the candidate with a view toward equipping them for a future career in ministry.
The position is unpaid, but the candidate selected will be provided with:
-A private room in the home of one of our church leaders
-Plenty of time to enjoy the lakeside beach 15 minutes from our church
-Lots of awesome fellowship
Please contact us at BrierCreekFellowship@gmail.com if you interested in being considered for this position. We will need a resume and a phone number to contact you.
May 28, 2015
Church, Ministry, Education, Missions
Youth Director (part time) First Presbyterian Church Smithfield NC
First Presbyterian Church - Smithfield, North Carolina
Smithfield, NC United States
Director of Youth Ministries
FIRST PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH
Smithfield, North Carolina
Purpose: To coordinate a comprehensive youth program of spiritual formation and development while working in concert with volunteer youth leaders.
Part-Time: 15-20 hours per week with anticipated 3 days including Sunday on site.
Compensation: $17.00-$ 20.00/hr. based on qualifications/experience
Designated Term Position: August/Fall 2015 – Spring 2016*
Possibility to extend term pending funding.
Reports to: Pastor/Head of Staff and Personnel Team
Applications and inquiries should be submitted by July 1, 2015 to:
Jimmy Hooks/Personnel Team
- Initiate and provide time and space for relationship building with all youth, parents and leaders.
- Attend weekly worship (preferred)
- Encourage and reach out to youth and their families who are not members of FPC Smithfield.
- Maintain a connection with youth who head off to college or work
- Coordinate with youth leaders and participate in Youth Group, Mission Trips, Lock-Ins and Retreats, etc.
- Create the right balance of fun and innovative activities, spiritual nurture and mission/ service opportunities
- Provide training for youth leaders
- Encourage youth in the importance of worship
- Encourage and coordinate youth participation in worship through lay readers, participation in music in coordination with the Music Director
- Plan and Execute Youth Sundays in cooperation with the Music Director and Clergy
C. Youth Leader/ Volunteer Team
- Have regularly scheduled, quality youth leader meetings for training, encouragement, reflection and planning
- Develop comprehensive yearly youth schedule of activities
- Delegate responsibilities for various spiritual lessons and events
- Recruit new youth leaders.
D. Communication, Administration & Other Responsibilities
- Coordinator and communicator for all activities involving youth
-Utilize social media/electronic communication to contact and connect with parents and youth regarding youth group and special events.
- Weekly worship bulletin announcements, monthly articles, photos, calendar updates, etc. for church newsletter, e-news and youth newsletter.
- Develop and keep current a youth oriented bulletin board
- Produce general youth handouts, leader packets and other relevant printed materials for youth program
- Carefully manage the income and expenses for all youth ministry budget line items
- Organize and request youth information and release forms
- Meet regularly with the Pastor/ Head of Staff to update and discuss youth ministry.
-Attend staff bi-weekly meetings
-Attend Session meetings when requested
E. Skills & Experience Need:
- A Christian faith that is filled with hope, curiosity and assurances.
- Strong communication skills with demonstrated ability to work effectively with volunteers, parents, youth and fellow staff.
- Strong administrative and organizational skills with demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks efficiently.
- Bachelors degree preferred
- Creativity, imagination and flexibility
- Interpersonal skills with all age groups and theological perspectives
919 934-0988 Church
May 28, 2015
Southern Baptist Pastor
Bethel Baptist Church
Hertford, NC USA
Bethel Baptist Church in Hertford, North Carolina is prayerfully seeking a full-time pastor to minister our church and the surrounding community. We are a small conservative Southern Baptist church with a drive to reach the lost for Christ. Worship service attendance is currently around 120 persons and around 30 persons for Wednesday evening Bible study. Applicants should have prior experience as a Senior Pastor and minimum Bachelors or equivalent. We are looking for a Pastor clearly called by God, who is biblically grounded, able to teach, compassionate and will strive to see each member grow in a closer relationship with Christ. Please click the link below or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
May 28, 2015
Children's Discipleship Coordinator
Assurance United Methodist Church, Connections Campus
Charlotte, NC USA
Title: Children’s Discipleship Coordinator
Location: Connections Campus of Assurance United Methodist Church
Responsible to: Pastor, Connections Campus
Ministry Group: Children, infant through 5th grade
Summary: Assurance United Methodist Church, a multisite church based in Huntersville, is looking for a Children’s Discipleship Coordinator for the Connections campus in West Charlotte near the Brookshire Blvd corridor. Anticipated time commitment would be 10 hours per week. This person would implement programming for children and would love God, children, and their families. Passion for multicultural ministry along with possessing a creative spirit to fully engage children in their education and faith formation is a must. Compensation commensurate with experience ($8,000 -$12,000).
Contact email@example.com with a resume and cover letter expressing interest.
Anticipated Time Commitments:
Hours Per Week: 10 hours per week with opportunity for growth
Monthly Meetings: Campus Council Meeting, Children’s Discipleship Team Meeting
Other: Participation in other essential meetings and all church events where children will be present
1. Assist the Director of Children’s Discipleship in casting the vision for children’s ministry at Assurance.
2. Work with the pastoral staff, campus council, and the Director of Children’s Discipleship to develop and coordinate all children’s programming for the Assurance Connections Campus in concert with the church’s overall mission and vision.
3. Participate in campus-wide meetings wherever and whenever decisions are made that may impact the ministry under your supervision.
4. Use available tools and leverage relationships to recruit volunteer servants to support children’s ministry.
5. Provide leadership and serve as shepherd to the children’s ministry team.
6. Assist in organizing and or facilitating training sessions for children’s leaders/workers.
7. Work with Safe Sanctuary Committee to facilitate campus safe sanctuary requirements.
8. In cooperation with the budgeting process prepare and manage the children’s ministry budget.
9. Develop and implement strategies to develop relationships with parents and guardians of the children in your care.
10. Participate in training opportunities and continuing education.
11. Responsible for coordinating the nursery and infant schedule.
12. Manage campus communications between ministries that interact with children’s ministries.
Desired Experience and Skills:
1. A minimum of 3-5 years of children’s ministry experience
2. Experience developing and implementing children ministry programming
3. Experience with creating attractive brochures / marketing collateral
4. Preferred experience working with a multi-ethnic community
5. A passion for the arts i.e, music / drama / art / painting etc.
6. A passion for developing the gifts of others to further assist them in growing as leaders
May 28, 2015
Worship Leader - Part Time
Brier Creek Fellowship
Raleigh, NC USA
Brier Creek Fellowship is a friendly new church in northwest Raleigh. We are looking for a talented musician to lead worship on Sunday mornings. I small stipend ($75/wk) is available to start. This will increase as the church grows, as it has already done. Room and board may also be available for a candidate who needs it, with greater responsibilities assigned. Please call for more information.