We are excited for you to join our Duke Divinity community! In the coming months, you'll need to meet several deadlines and milestones. Meeting the deadlines will be crucial to your successful transition to our community. If you have questions, please contact Admissions.
Destination Duke Checklist Items
Within 15 days of receiving your notification
- Print a copy of your admission offer letter for your records.
After receiving your institutional financial aid offer
- Notify us of your decision and pay your enrollment deposit
Within 2 weeks of accepting your admission offer
- Request final transcripts from your college or university (or seminary for Th.M., Th.D., and transfer students). Students currently enrolled in a degree program should send their final transcripts as soon as your degree is conferred and you confirm with your Registrar's Office that your degree is noted on your transcript.
- International students will begin working with the Office of Admissions on completing the visa application.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- You will be notified when you are officially matriculated. At that time, you will activate your NetID and set up your Duke email account. Instructions on how to do this will be sent within 5 business days.
- Submit proof of immunizations for graduate students and review Student Health Insurance requirements
- Research parking permits and transportation options (parking permit registration begins in mid-June)
- M.A.C.P. and D.Min. students will be notified about orientation and preparation for the first residency sessions
- Complete the Background Check for field education (M.Div. only)
- Those seeking accomodations should contact the Student Disability Access Office
- Register for a parking permit (if applicable)
- Accept financial aid and complete loan entrance counseling via ACES
- Review program paradigms and fall course schedule (All M.Div., M.T.S., M.A.C.S., Th.M., and Th.D. students will register for classes during orientation in August)
- Review Duke policies and Divinity School academic resources