We are excited for you to join our Duke Divinity community! In the coming months, you'll need to meet several deadlines and milestones. Meeting these deadlines will be crucial to your successful transition into graduate school. If you have any questions, please contact Admissions.
Within 30 days of receiving your acceptance notification
- Print a copy of your admission offer letter for your records.
- Let us know you are planning to attend by clicking the "Reply to Offer of Admission" form on your Application Status page.
- Pay your enrollment deposit via Duke e-check.
Within 2 weeks of accepting your admission offer
- Request final transcripts from your college, university, or seminary. If you're currently enrolled in a degree program, you should send your final transcripts as soon as your degree is conferred and you confirm with your registrar's office that the degree has been awarded on the transcript.
- In the spring, international students will begin working with admissions staff and Duke Visa Services on completing the student visa application process.
- You will be notified when you are officially matriculated in Duke systems (in most cases this will take place in mid-May).
- Submit proof of immunizations for graduate students and review Student Health Insurance requirements.
- Research parking permits and transportation options (parking permit registration begins in mid-June).
- Complete the background check
- Those seeking accommodations should contact the Student Disability Access Office.
- Register for a parking permit if you need one.
- Accept financial aid and complete loan entrance counseling via DukeHub.
- Residential students may apply in late spring for the pre-orientation programs, Bri(DDD)ge (August 2020) and RISE (August 2020), scheduled for the week before residential student orienation.
- Review program paradigms and academic course schedules.
- Review the academic calendar.
- Review Duke policies and Duke Divinity School academic resources.
- In late July, register for courses.
- Pay fall student bill by the first business day of the month.
- M.A.. and D.Min. students have orientation on and the first residency period in August 2020. Logistics and detailed Orientation information will be sent to you over the summer.
- Attend Bri(DDD)ge and RISE pre-orientation programs (pre-registration is required for both).
- Th.D. students attend program orientation—invitations will be sent to you directly, it will take place the week of residential student orientation.
- M.Div., M.T.S., and Th.M. students attend New Student Orientation.
Orientation is required for all new students and is an opportunity to introduce you to Duke Divinity School as a community of learning and faithful service with attention to both spiritual and vocational formation. A detailed orientation schedule for your degree program will be sent to you prior to your arrival.
Dates will be finalized in 2020 and updated here.