• The Director of Children’s Ministries at Collierville UMC shall be an individual who possesses a deep spiritual relationship with Jesus Christ. This person shall be concerned with the needs of the local and global community and will demonstrate this through mission and service. This person must possess excellent communication skills, both verbally and electronically. She or he must be able to recruit dedicated volunteers who understand God’s Mission and vision for this congregation. Most importantly, the Director will love and nurture our children so that they may know God’s Love for them and will make Christ known to the world.
• Builds relationships with children, volunteers, parents, and families as we provide a Spirit-filled environment in which children may learn about God and choose to be disciples of Jesus Christ.
• Manages and oversees the entire Children’s Ministries program (birth through fifth grade) including, but not limited to, children’s Sunday school, Wednesday night Bible study, Vacation Bible School, children’s Christmas pageant, Easter egg hunt and picnic, Created by God workshop, Bible presentations, Kinderblessing, and other seasonal and annual events.
• Partners with other program directors to provide ministry opportunities to children (drama, art, music, hand bells, choir, etc.) as well as multi-generational events that are open to the entire congregation and larger community.
• Selects or develops curriculum for Sunday school, Children’s Church, Wednesday night Bible study, and Vacation Bible School.
• Actively recruits new volunteers and provides appropriate training and support for volunteer leaders (in compliance with the congregation’s Safe Sanctuary policy).
• Communicates with parents, volunteers and staff over a variety of mediums including email, phone, text messaging, and social media (Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
• Attends and participates in all required staff meetings; keeps regular office hours; serves as a staff liaison to church committees as assigned; works forty (40) hours a week; and reports to Associate Minister.
• Participates in Continuing Education opportunities by attending conferences or workshops that relate to Children’s Ministries.
• Committed Christian disciple
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Training in Early Childhood Development or Elementary Education highly desired
• M.Div., MAR, ThM or other Master’s degree is desired
• A minimum of three years of experience working with children is required; experience working on a large-membership church staff is desired.
For more information and to learn how to apply, contact Rev. Kristofer Roof by email.