To serve the church by developing and coordinating an effective and comprehensive ministry of Mission and Outreach (fulfilling the needs of both the local and global communities), and to provide leadership and supervision of staff members, lay leaders, and volunteers involved in this ministry area.
The Minister of Mission and Outreach reports to and will be reviewed by the Senior Pastor, and relates to all pastoral and program staff, and key church lay leaders of Mission and Outreach.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES SHALL INCLUDE:
- Cherish diversity at North Church, and work effectively across cultural and economic boundaries
- Define new opportunities by building bridges and forming collaborations in the neighborhood and throughout the world
- Serve as witness and model for the transformation of the mainline church and to be known as a congregation where others may lead, learn, and grow in the Christian faith
- Model and encourage professionalism in and through all church staff.
- Theologically interpret and articulate the role of Mission and Outreach to the congregation and larger community
- Provide faithful Christian discipleship as well as strong, congregational leadership skills
- Assess and prioritize new and existing mission opportunities
- Multitask, showing an ability to ‘do’ and ‘delegate,’
- Demonstrate a track record of results and fulfilling commitments
- Writing grants and network within and beyond the community
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND ABILITIES – Eligibility for this position requires that the person have already demonstrated the following:
- Strongly supportive of North Church’s ministry and mission.
- Demonstrated skill in maintaining confidentiality.
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Constructively handles stress and pressure.
- A strong team-orientation that relates comfortably and confidently to church leadership, peers, and subordinates, cultivating strong, quality relationships for the church and its leaders.
- Passion for church-related mission and outreach ministry
- Committed self-starter, finding ways to continually define and refine the role North Church plays in the ministry area of Mission and Outreach
- Self-motivated person who works imaginatively in accomplishing the goals and objectives in an intelligent, compassionate, and trusting work environment
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- College undergraduate degree required.
- Master of Divinity degree preferred
- Training/experience in personnel and project management/administration.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS – The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.