The Peoples Church, located in East Lansing, Michigan, is a multi-denominational church officially a part of four denominations – The Presbyterian Church (USA), The United Church of Christ, The American Baptist Church, and the United Methodist Church.
The Associate Pastor, in coordination with the governing body, staff, and parishioners, will contribute significantly to the enhancement of the community, education, service, and stewardship to develop the spiritual growth of our multi-generational congregation.
ASSOCIATE PASTOR RESPONSIBILITIES (The following are given as examples and are not intended to be all-inclusive:)
- Provide leadership and supervision for the congregation’s Christian Education.
- Enhance programming of preschool, children’s, youth, college, and adult education.
- Assist in leadership for corporate worship.
- Participate in pastoral care within the community.
- Communicate effectively through a variety of mediums to a multi-generational congregation.
- Master’s degree in theological studies or related field.
- Ordained or eligible for ordination within one’s appropriate ecclesial judicatory body.
- Three years of experience in congregational ministry.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Administration and management
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Benefits included
Cover letter, resume and references should be sent to: Associate Pastor Search Committee
c/o The Peoples Church, 200 W Grand River Ave., East Lansing MI 48823