The summer chaplain is a full time residential position for June through mid-August. Room and board are provided. The chaplain will give leadership to Christian formation and pastoral care for 1st - 12th grade campers and college-aged staff.
1. Commitment to the Christian faith.
2. Educational experience related to Christian education or religious studies. Prefer seminary student or ordained pastor.
3. Demonstrated experience working with children and youth.
1. Assistant Director for Programs.
2. Executive Director.
1. Interpret the Christian faith to the campers through living and learning experiences and help counselors and program staff members do the same.
2. Develop an age appropriate faith formation program for each session that consists primarily of, but is not limited to, dedicated Bible study discussion and activities, evening Vespers messages and nightly devotion guides for cabin counselors.
3. Lead or assist with brief morning staff devotions for the summer staff and nightly devotions for the program staff.
4. Provide spiritual guidance or counseling for individual campers and staff.
5. Attend all scheduled staff meetings.
6. Attend most all-camp activities, showing enthusiasm about life at camp.
7. Work cooperatively with other staff, supporting them in their roles.
8. Act as a Christian role model for young people at all times, in word, action, clothing and manner. Promote Camp Albemarle through good public relations on and off camp property.
9. Evaluate each camp session, working to make every session the best possible.