We are seeking a new ministry team member in the role of Director of Student Ministry. The right person could join the FUMC family as soon as February 1, 2013. The compensation package is flexible and commensurate with experience. FUMC is a 1,400 member congregation located in a community of 17,500 residents in West Tennessee. The Director of Student Ministry reports to the Senior Pastor, Associate Pastor, and the Staff Parish Relations Team of FUMC.
Student Ministry at FUMC Dyerburg typically involves grades 7-12. However, the Director of Student Ministry could seek to expand that to include college students from the local community college.
- A growing and evident relationship with Jesus Christ
- A strong commitment to the Theology and Doctrine of the United Methodist Church
- A minimum of an undergraduate college degree
- United Methodist Certification in Youth Ministry is preferred
- Minimum age f 23 to remain in compliance with UM Safe Sanctuary policy
- A minimum of two years experience in the field of student ministry. This experience should exhibit strong abilities to impact the students' lives with the Gospel of Christ.
Description of Responsibilities:
The Director of Student Miniistries at Dyersburg FUMC should:
- be an ambassador for Jesus Christ and Dyersburg FUMC in the local community
- work diligently to cultivate within the students a lasting commitment to Jesus
- seek God's direction for creative avenues that encourage students to grow in their relationship with Jesus Christ
- help students detect their gifts and encourage them to employ those gifts in the life of the church, i.e. lead worship, devotions, bible studies, small groupts, etc.
- develop, maintain, and facilitate ministry partnerships with the Youth Advisory Council and Parents' Advisory Council
- develop/lead ministry opportunities for Christian mission/emersion and service.
Send resume via email or mail to:
First United Methodist Church
Attention: Staff Parish Chairperson
PO Box 452
Dyersburg, TN 38025