About Northside Community Church
It has been an exciting season of growth both inside the church and in the community around Northside. We are beginning the search for a quarter-time Pastor of Student Ministries to develop and guide our Middle School and High School student ministries. We are looking for a student pastor who is genuine and a visionary; someone who values God’s Word and who values people; someone who is active, hard-working and fun, and at the same time, willing to learn and innovate. We need a leader who has the vision and enthusiasm to develop a ministry from its infancy and strengthen it to be a vital component of a healthy church.
Northside is a Bible-believing, evangelical, diverse, community focused, 200+ person church, coming up on its 14th anniversary. Northside is located in Knightdale, North Carolina and is 10 minutes from downtown Raleigh. Adherence to Northside’s Declaration of Faith is essential. If you would like to be a part of a growing community church, pastoring our middle and high school students at Northside, please submit a cover letter along with your resume to email@example.com.
The Pastor of Student Ministries is accountable for the coordination and oversight of student ministries (Middle and High School aged individuals). This includes: introducing young people to Jesus Christ, discipling them, assisting them in their spiritual growth, and training them for a life of service in Christ. This position assures that the student ministry maintains a balanced program of spiritual, physical, and social growth. Of equal importance is assisting parents or guardians in discipling their pre-teens and teenagers to spiritual maturity.
• Provide visionary leadership for student ministries.
• Be involved in the lives of students and their families/guardians.
• Be passionate about student ministry.
• Be a pastoral presence for all students and student ministry volunteers.
• Engage in a family ministry with students and their parents/guardians.
• Believe in the importance of relational ministry.
• Be able to plan, budget and execute student ministries appropriately.
• Interface with the Minister to Children and Children’s Ministries.
This ministry leader must possess:
• A clear call to student ministry.
• A clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ and a passionate, growing, personal relationship with Him.
• A pastor/servant’s heart.
• A willingness to commit to at least 3 years of ministry.
• The ability to teach, train, and disciple student ministry volunteers.
• College educated (preference for concentration in religion/Christian ministry degrees).
• A love for pre-teens and teenagers and an excitement to see them grow in Christ.
This ministry leader much demonstrate:
• Teachable spirit and a willingness to be held accountable.
• The attitude of a team player.
• Student ministry experience.
• Vision and excitement for student ministry.
• Willingness to be creative and innovative as it relates to effective student ministry.
• Sensitivity to needs and pressures of pre-teens and teens.
• Good physical and mental health.
• Ability to work independently.
• Organizational and administrative abilities.
Annual Salary: $9,480.00 (paid monthly at $790.00)
Applications will be received until September 15, 2015.
A cover letter and resume can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org