Eucharist Church is a new / young congregation in the eclectic SoMa district of San Francisco. We are affiliated with the Anglican Communion (Anglican Church in North America) and passionate about our common life together shaped by three classic Christian streams: Sacramental, Evangelical and Charismatic. Our vision is to be a thriving Christian community proclaiming and embodying God’s good news to San Francisco and beyond through our focus on connecting people to Jesus via Roots (faith), Redemption (hope) and Relationships (love).
Primary: Director of Music Ministries (approx. 10 hours a week) - The director of music ministries will work in close partnership with the Lead Pastor to organize and develop the worship music ministry. This will include leading worship on Sundays at least 2-3 times a month, selecting appropriate music aligned with the vision for each Sunday’s worship service, developing current worship leaders and volunteers, identifying and raising up new music team members; leading rehearsals, and more.
Secondary: Community Developer (approx. 10 hours a week) - responsibilities to include developing and coordinating volunteer service activities in the SF community, assisting with small groups and finding ways of increasing joyful involvement within the Eucharist Church community.
Hours: Part-time - approximately 20 hours a week*
Pay: Depends on experience
Benefits: None offered
• Committed, mature Christian with an appreciation for all three historic Christian streams (Sacramental, Evangelical, Charismatic) and a missional heart for San Francisco
• Agreement with our statement of faith, discipleship culture, vision and philosophy of ministry
• Chemistry with our staff; humility, adaptability, emotional intelligence
• Musical Competency (see more below)
• Experience in musical worship leadership and other congregational leadership roles
Ideally Looking For:
• A skilled vocalist & musician who is competent at leading others with a primary instrument (keyboard or guitar)
• Ability to work with a variety of musical styles (including hymns, classical, gospel, contemporary praise & worship, etc.)
• An understanding and appreciation of liturgy and a basic understanding of the theology behind such (experience within an Anglican setting would be fantastic)
• Skills and experience in musical arrangement and band leadership
• Ability to mentor and inspire others; a shepherd’s heart; a team player
• Ability to gather people and organize them
• An entrepreneurial wiring – able to create from scratch rather than just manage existing ministry
• Passion for community service
• Precise hours actually worked are somewhat flexible and should be clarified together with the Lead Pastor. Hours will involve duties on weekends and evenings (to be clarified together).
• Eucharist Church may be able to provide a laptop computer for work.
* - This position may or may not turn into a full-time role at some point in the future. Presently it is a part-time role (and will remain so until otherwise clarified). Per California law, this position is an “at-will” hire meaning that it can be terminated at anytime by either party with or without cause. Eucharist prefers to receive at least 2 weeks notice in the case of an employee deciding to leave employment.