Trinity is well-known and highly respected for two successful programs that many families from the community participate in. Over 200 volunteers participate in the annual Journey to Resurrection, an interactive walking tour presenting the Gospel through compelling dramatic vignettes. Over 1000 community members visit this event each year. The church is also known as the “pumpkin patch church.” Youth, adults, and senior adults support this fundraiser creating a memorable, intergenerational experie nce each year.
Trinity is a warm, service-oriented, healthy and growing church. Other strengths of the church include a new contemporary worship service, a welcoming environment, dedicated volunteers, great Wednesday programs, a strong pre-school and longevity of staff. Trinity boasts a small-church-feel but it is large enough to have lots of folks involved.
The church is searching for a full-time Children’s Ministry Director who will lead the Children’s Ministry Team in creating, developing, implementing and maintaining on ongoing ministry for children, birth through 5th grade. The full-time Youth Ministry Director will lead the Youth Ministry Team in overseeing programs for youth in grades 6 – 12. Both positions will work with and alongside church employees, children and youth ministry volunteers, and report to the Director of Family Ministries.
Qualifications for each position include:
- 3-5 years of experience in children’s or youth ministry or other educational environment
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Strong grounding in the Christian faith, the stories of the Bible and how they directly relate to challenges faced by today’s youth
- Proven leadership and management skills including the recruitment of volunteers
- Teaching and training experience
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Ability to manage a multi-faceted ministry
- Relationally-gifted, servant-minded, and Christ-centered
Please submit applications and resume via email with attention to Kathryn Burriss or via mail at Trinity UMC, 1809 N. Main St, Anderson, SC, 29621, Attention: Kathryn Burriss.