The principal function of the Assistant Minister shall be to encourage great participation in the life of the church by providing leadership and spiritual direction to the church through discipleship, worship, leadership training, small group studies and mission opportunities as a part of the overall ministry of the church.
First Baptist Church, Martinsville is a mission minded church affiliated with the Cooperative Baptist Fellowship (CBF) and the Baptist General Association of Virginia (BGAV). In general, sermons are lectionary based and our worship services follow the liturgical seasons.
Our Church is open to the pastoral leadership of men and women equally. Both have been ordained to the gospel ministry and the diaconate and hold leadership positions on all committees within the church.
First Baptist Church is seeking to fill this full-time position with an applicant who is well qualified to work with our pastor and reflects the beliefs of our church family.
The total salary and benefits package range is from $34,000 to $40,000 annually based on applicant qualifications and experience.
1. Assist the pastor in conducting the ministries and services of the church.
2. Assist the pastor in visitation of church members and prospective members.
3. Collaborate with the minister, the church staff, and church committees to establish goals and objectives for religious education programs, mission opportunities, and develop ways to encourage program participation.
4. Calendar events that would provide enrichment and outreach to the families of the church and community.
5. Identify and recruit potential volunteer workers.
6. Implement program plans by ordering needed materials, scheduling speakers, reserving spaces, or handling other administrative details.
7. Work with volunteers and staff to ensure that opportunities for religious education are provided and make sure that appropriate materials have been ordered.
8. Publicize programs through sources available within the community.
9. Lead the youth in Bible studies; coordinate youth activities.
10. Assume supervisory and administrative duties as assigned by the pastor.
Supervisor: The pastor serves as the immediate supervisor to the Assistant Minister for Family Ministry and Education.