Asbury United Methodist Church of Birmingham, Alabama, a large church offering both traditional and contemporary style worship, is seeking a full-time Director of Middle School Ministries (DMSM). Asbury UMC is looking for a devoted follower of Jesus to oversee a middle school ministry of approximately 60 students. The DMSM will help accomplish Asbury UMC’s mission to empower students to become disciples of Jesus Christ through worship, study and service by handling the day-to-day operation of the middle school ministry in a way that helps all staff (paid and volunteer) be exceptionally effective. The student ministry is well-resourced with staff, volunteers, budget, and facilities.
The DMSM will provide:
- Spiritual leadership - for middle school youth, 6th – 8th grades
- Administration – communication and organization
- Support – of the recruited team of volunteers
Qualifications of a successful candidate are:
- Knowledge: a Bachelors degree
- Ability: experience is preferred
- Spiritual Gifts: Leadership, Administration, Teaching, Pastoral, Encouragement
Resumes can be submitted via email.