Reports to: Senior Pastor
Supervises: Preschool Director, Children’s Director
Status: Full Time/Salaried
The Family Ministries Director will assist the pastor in providing vision and oversight for ministry to children, youth, and parents at Robertsdale UMC with a part-time focus on the execution of our youth ministry. Responsibilities include immediate supervision to the Preschool Director and Children’s Director to provide support, accountability, and an integration of our ministries to children, youth, and families; recruiting and equipping volunteers to work with children and youth; and overseeing and leading the youth ministry program.
Family Ministries Responsibilities:
• Supervise and work with Preschool Director and Children’s Director, so that goals in each ministry – preschool, children, and youth – are taking the whole life of a family into account
• Help craft the core values for each age-graded ministry, so that what is taught is age-appropriate and helps the student grow along a discipleship pathway
• Provide congregational care to families at RUMC
• Lead Safe Sanctuaries program for members, staff, and volunteers at RUMC
• Participate in worship services at RUMC as assigned such as announcements, prayer, scripture reading, etc.
• Sunday morning classes
• Sunday night worship and fellowship
• Wednesday night fellowship and small group
• Annual trips
• Mission work
• Outreach events.
• Develop adult and youth leaders
• Maintain youth rolls and attendance records
• Recommend to pastor and Finance Committee budgetary needs and/or items necessary to carry out youth responsibilities
• Be involved in budget preparation and be responsible for youth budget and fundraising
• Communicate in a timely manner upcoming events, meetings and programs to the pastor, staff, secretary, youth, families, etc. through church calendar, Proclaimer church newsletter, weekly bulletin, youth Facebook page, and website
• Attend staff meetings
• Become familiar with church policies to facilitate their use
• Perform other duties as assigned by the pastor
• Notification of leave, scheduled or non-scheduled, must be requested in writing to the pastor and SPR Chair
• Dress code includes a neat professional appearance when in the sanctuary or in the office, minimal attire is business casual.
• Mature and growing relationship with Jesus Christ
• Good public speaking skills
• A team player mentality
• The ability to work with minimal supervision
• Strong organizational skills
• The ability to communicate effectively with persons of differing backgrounds
• Experience working with youth and families
• A Bachelor’s degree or higher in Christian Formation, Christian Education, Youth Ministry, or field related to family ministry is preferred
• A background in the United Methodist Church is preferable
Send cover letter and resume to email or address below. Please include in cover letter a statement of why you feel you would be a good fit for this position.
Rev. Jonathan Hart
or by mail to:
PO Box 866
Robertsdale, AL 36567