Hillsborough UMC Youth Pastor–Part Time
Primary Purpose: The Youth Pastor will facilitate and grow an existing dynamic youth ministry in a thriving small town- historic Hillsborough, NC.
The Youth Pastor is expected to model a Christian life, inspiring and connecting with youth (grades 6 through 12) and supporting their Christian walk through loving, learning, and serving.
The Youth Pastor will:
• Create an environment where youth can grow spiritually, helping them grow as Christian disciples
• Develop supportive and mentoring relationships with the youth.
• Commit to 15 to 20 hours a week of preparation and presence
• Structure, plan, and lead weekly meetings
• Find ways for youth to be involved in the life of the church
• Plan and coordinate outreach and missions activities
• Plan and lead retreats, and coordinate outings and activities with youth
Knowledge and Skills:
• A strong personal faith in Jesus Christ with a Wesleyan background
• Strong organizational skills and effective time management skills, including prioritizing activities, being on time, being prepared, and be able to ask for help:
able to balance loving and discipline,
willing to confront and respond to difficult questions and issues.
• A college degree is preferred. Those in the process of pursuing the college degree or certification in youth ministry will be considered.
• Starting pay begins at $15,000 annually, depending on qualifications and experience.
Job Contact Information
Name: Rev. Alvin Horne
Phone: (919) 732-3460