Members of the AEHS Class of 2013: (from left, back row) Brandon Walsh, William Glass, Peter Morris, Stephen Crawford, Joe Sroka, Willis Logan, Director David Marshall; (from left, front row) Associate Director Liz Dowling-Sendor, Michelle Wolfe, Sarah Barton, Michael Burns, Molly McGee Short. Not pictured: Heather Starkey, Elaine Tola, Margaret Wallace.
Where They are Now
- Sarah Jean Barton, M.T.S., is entering the Doctor of Theology program at Duke Divinity School with a concentration in the theology of disability and theological anthropology. She will continue her work as a pediatric occupational therapist at Duke as well as her active lay participation at St. Joseph’s Episcopal Church in Durham, where she serves as a member of the vestry.
- Stephen Crawford, M.Div., was ordained to the priesthood in Atlantic Gulf Coast Diocese of The Episcopal Church in July. He has begun his curacy at Trinity Episcopal Church in Baton Rouge, La., where his priestly responsibilities will include serving as chaplain to Trinity Day School and leading the youth ministry.
- Willis Logan, M.Div., was ordained to the priesthood in the Virginia Diocese of The Episcopal Church in July. He is serving as the assistant rector at Christ Episcopal Church in Charlottesville, Va.
- Peter Morris, M.Div., following his ordination to the diaconate in the Anglican Church in North America’s Diocese of the Carolinas, Morris will serve as a missionary in Lima, Peru, with the Society of Anglican Missionaries and Senders (SAMS).
- Joe Sroka, M.Div., is an Episcopal-Catholic Worker in the Community of the Franciscan Way, Durham, N.C., where he serves as a licensed worship leader, preacher, and Eucharistic minister and treasurer.
- Brandon Walsh, M.Div., moved to Kigali, Rwanda shortly after graduation where he is serving as the ambassador to Archbishop Onesphore Rwaje. While in Rwanda, Walsh will help strengthen relationships between churches in the USA and Rwanda.
- Michelle Wolfe, M.Div., participated in the Fellowship at Auschwitz for the Study of Professional Ethics during the summer following graduation and will be moving to New York City.