Members of the 2012 Anglican Episcopal House of Studies graduation class: (from left, back row) Seth Raymond, Amber Noel, Brittany Love, Chesley Kennedy; (from left, middle row) Former Director Jo Bailey Wells, Nita Byrd, Zac Koons, Frederick Brown; and (from left, front row) Farley Lord Smith, Emily Hylden, Dustin Fecht, Kara Slade, Derek Jones.
Where They are Now
- Frederick Brown, M.Div., is currently serving as a contract neuropsychologist at the Medical Center at Fort Bragg, NC. He is also in conversation with the bishop of the Episcopal Diocese of NC about ordination to the priesthood. He is an occasional guest preacher at St. Thomas Episcopal Church in Sanford, N.C.
- Nita Byrd, M.Div., is serving as a transitional deacon at St. Ambrose Episcopal Church in Raleigh, N.C. She is also serving a full-time position as the chaplain at St. Augustine’s University in Raleigh.
- Derek Jones, M.Div., is a clinical research coordinator in Pulmonary, Allergy, and Critical Care at Duke University School of Medicine.
- Chesley Kennedy, M.Div., is the associate director of development for the College of Arts and Sciences, the University of North Carolina at Greensboro.
- Amber Noel, M.Div., is serving as staff assistant for the Duke Initiatives in Theology and the Arts which is part of Duke Divinity School. Additionally, she serves as youth minister at All Saints Anglican Church in Durham, N.C.
- Seth Raymond, M.Div., is serving as priest associate at Christ Episcopal Church in Whitefish Bay, Wisconsin. In addition to sharing preaching and liturgical responsibilities, he is responsible for faith formation from birth through high school.
- Kara Slade, M.Div., is serving as a transitional deacon at St. Stephen's Episcopal Church in Oxford, N.C., and applying to doctoral programs in theology and ethics.
- Zac Koons, M.Div., is serving as executive assistant to the dean at Duke Divinity School, and is currently pursuing ordination in the Anglican Church in North America (ACNA) through All Saints Church, Durham, N.C.