Are you the answer to our prayers? Mt. Olivet UMC, located in Northern Davidson county North Carolina, has been in prayer for the person God is preparing to lead our Youth Ministry into a vibrant, innovative future. Currently we have almost 40 youth on our roll waiting to be engaged in ways that will deepen their faith, strengthen their connection to the church body both locally and at the conference level, and provide them an outlet to share their passion for missions and service to the community around them.
The Youth Pastor/Director will be responsible for planning and implementing strategies, programs and ministries that will enhance faith development in our youth. Our expectation is that the Youth Pastor/Director will become a vital staff member to the entire church by participating in worship services and Sunday school in ways that serve the unique needs of our youth but also serve to integrate youth into the multi-generational mix of the greater congregation.
The ideal applicant will have the following qualities and qualifications:
• Education or Certification in the field of Youth Ministry preferred (Bachelor degree or higher desired.) Current students will be considered.
• Experience in youth ministry preferred
• A sense of call and a passion for working with youth
• A solid understanding of the foundation of the Christian faith and the United Methodist Church
• Spiritual maturity
• Friendly, enthusiastic, and flexible team approach while working with youth, parents, staff members and team members
• Good organizational, communication, teaching, administration and computer skills
• An understanding of child development and the need to make church a place of joy, where youth feel welcomed, safe and included
• Ability to relate to youth and be able to teach them about Christ.
The current job offering is for a Part-time position requiring 24 hours per week at a salary of $24,000 per year. Vacation and Spiritual Renewal time will be offered.
To apply please send a cover letter and detailed resume’ along with three references to Lisa Foster, Chair of Staff-Parish Relations Committee at email@example.com
Detailed Job Description available upon request.