Pleasant Hill Baptist Church is located in the 5th Ward Community of Houston, Texas. The vision of Pleasant Hill is to continually strive at “Being a Full Service Church for Persons at Every Station in Life.” Pleasant Hill has four ministry focus areas: Spiritual Health and Development, Physical Health and Development, Financial Management & Development and Social Awareness and Development.
Pleasant Hill Student Ministries’ seeks to “Form Christian College Bound Leaders.” Alpha and Omega Children’s Ministry (AΩ) and Pleasant Hill Leadership Institute (PHLI) are two components within the student ministries. Both ministries seek to unearth and enrich students’ spiritual, emotional, physical, and intellectual gifts by incorporating cutting edge educational paradigms into a transformative children and youth ministry model. The student ministries serve approximately 45 students a week within the Pleasant Hill church family and the local community.
The director will provide vision, leadership, organization, and support for ministries of the church involving children, youth, and their families. The Director will strengthen the children and youth ministry to foster spiritual growth of each student and to embrace them as cherished members of our faith and church community. The Director will implement the mission, goals, and objectives of Pleasant Hill Baptist Church by developing the four ministry focus areas in the daily program activities. Critical to the role of the Director is working with families to promote a holistic understanding of discipleship within the household.
Year Around: Children’s Church and Youth Church
Sundays 10:00 am & Wednesdays 6:00 – 8:00 pm
After School: Distinguished Leaders (Ten Week Session in the Fall & Spring)
Tuesdays & Thursdays 5:00 – 7:30 pm
Summer: Summer Day-Camp (Eight Week Session)
Monday – Thursday 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
• A commitment to holistically invest in the lives of children and teens in order to form disciples and transform the lives of each student
• Strong commitment to the Christian faith
• Willing to become an active member of Pleasant Hill Baptist Church
• Minimum Bachelor’s degree required, preferred preference for advanced degree
• Extensive experience in an inner-city ministry and/or educational environment preferred
• The ability to recruit, administrate, lead, manage and delegate to a team of volunteers and interns in order to accomplish difficult goals and objective
• The imagination, creativity, initiative, patience and tenacity necessary to flourish in an inner-city environment
• The entrepreneurial spirit and networking skills to raise funds, and form partnerships to strengthen and underwrite the Pleasant Hill Student Ministries