Responsible for providing leadership and oversight to ministry and spiritual development for families and their children from birth through twelfth grade in the church.
This position requires a ministerial Christian approach, ethical behavior, good attitude, and awareness of boundaries. The Pastor of Families should value diversity and understand and appreciate that Holmeswood members and our community are diverse. He/she will support the participation of all members in the various ministries of the church.
The Pastor of Families will have opportunities to serve in worship, which may include preaching and explore other areas of ministry as personally interested.
Responsibilities include the following:
1. Creates, implements, and evaluates children, youth, and family ministry programs by organizing, budgeting, recruiting, and coordinating work for the staff and church volunteers.
2. Develops relationships with the children, youth, and their parents/caregivers through caring interactions and personal contacts.
3. Provide ongoing support that ensures volunteers are empowered, equipped, and motivated to serve the children, youth, and families.
4. In collaboration with the Pastoral Staff, will integrate children, youth, and families into the life of the church in worship services and ministry service opportunities.
5. Create opportunities for children, youth, and families, both who are members of Holmeswood and those who are part of the Kansas City family, to experience Christ outside of the traditional Sunday morning format.
6. Partner with and equip parents/caregivers in promoting their family’s spiritual formation.
7. Maintain the Safe Child Policy, including but not limited to: volunteer background checks (through office staff), keep up-to-date personal information for drivers and volunteers.
8. Oversee paid child care workers.
9. Actively participates in staff meetings, committee meetings, other planning meetings and worship experiences as assigned.
10. Support mission and vision of the church
11. Other duties as assigned