The Music Director will serve under the direction of the Vicar of St. Titus’ Episcopal Church, a small but vibrant historically African-American Episcopal church in south Durham near North Carolina Central University. The Music Director’s responsibilities include:
• Play the organ and direct the choir for one service each Sunday.
• Provide music for additional evening services including Christmas Eve, Ash Wednesday, Maundy Thursday, Good Friday, and the Pauli Murray service (on or around July 1).
• Schedule, coordinate and conduct weekly adult choir rehearsals.
• Hold youth choir rehearsals for monthly Youth Sundays and other special programs.
• Coordinate and secure musicians for Sundays on which music director is not playing.
• Choose hymns, special music, and other music subject to approval of the Vicar.
• Introduce and teach new hymns and songs.
SALARY: commensurate with ability and experience.
CONTACT: Email resume to The Reverend Stephanie Yancy at firstname.lastname@example.org; or mail resume to her attention at the above address.